Digital India AatmaNirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge: 5 things you need to know
The Digital India AatmaNirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge was announced by the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) and MyGov in partnership with Atal Innovation Mission, Niti Aayog for Indian tech entrepreneurs and startups.
This competition will be a platform to promote existing apps and help develop new ones. If you are planning to apply then here are 5 things you need to know -
1. You can find more information about the Digital India AatmaNirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge here. Applicants need to submit their proposals by registering and logging in on the MyGov portal. The last date for submissions is July 18.
2. The app challenge will be held in two phases. The first phase will identify the best Indian apps that are already being used to people right now, the ones that have the potential to be scaled up to become world-class apps in their category. This phase will run for a month.
3. The second part of the App Innovation Challenge will identify Indian startups and entrepreneurs/companies and encourage them with “ideation, incubation, prototyping” and create apps. This phase will go on for a longer time and more details about the exact duration will be announced soon.
4. For the first phase of the AatmaNirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge, apps will be chosen from 8 broad categories - Office Productivity & Work from Home, Social Networking, E-Learning, Entertainment, Health & Wellness, Business including Agritech and Fin-tech, News and Games. There are also going to be sub categories under these board categories.
5. There is going to be a specific jury for each phase of the challenge and experts from both the private sector and academia will be evaluating the entries. Some of the key evaluation parameters that the jury will look out for includes ‘ease of use’ (UI/UX), robustness, security and scalability.