The iPhone 14 Pro Max is over two months old now and we have been using it since the day it went on sale. Plagued by several bugs and issues initially, the iPhone 14 Pro Max has received a couple of big fix patches and a few iOS feature drops. The result is an iPhone 14 Pro Max that is rock-solid and steady, and is now ready for recommendation. But does it fare better when compared to the Google Pixel 7 Pro and the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra?
Note that Apple hasn’t changed the price of the iPhone 14 Pro series in India. The iPhone 14 Pro Max, which is the best iPhone that Apple currently sells, is available at a starting price of Rs. 139900 for the base 128GB variant. For those who want the top-spec variant of the iPhone 14 Pro Max, they can choose the 1TB variant that comes at a price of Rs. 189900.
I admit that the first month with the iPhone 14 Pro Max hasn’t been great. The first release of iOS 16 was quite buggy and Apple took its own sweet time to sort out the bugs and issues. The issues were wide ranging – from system stability to a broken Dynamic Island experience, and more.
While Apple is still struggling to meet the demand for the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max, it has fixed the major issues plaguing the flagship iPhone.
- One of the bigger changes with the iPhone 14 Pro Max is the system stability. The Pro Max has lost most of its inconvenient bugs and jitters with the iOS 16.1 update. The phone runs smooth and fast, just like a flagship iPhone should.
- The iPhone 14 Pro Max continues to have the brightest displays I have ever seen on any smartphone. Under the Sun, the display’s 2000 nits of peak brightness comes in handy, which was proven during a recent trip.
- The cameras on the iPhone 14 Pro Max are still the best ones in the business. The 48MP main camera is exceptional at capturing details in all lighting situations, and the ultrawide camera also performs better in low light conditions. However, the exposure is all over the place for brightly lit light sources, especially with selfies. The Photonic engine goes overboard with the processing and colour tones.
- Battery life is where the iPhone 14 Pro Max shines. Compared to the Google Pixel 7 Pro, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra and other Android flagships, the iPhone sits in a class of its own. The iPhone 14 Pro Max easily lasts over a day with moderate usage, and still leave over 40 percent battery charge for the next day. That is incredible.
- The Dynamic Island is largely a gimmick. Yes, it looks cool to have your camera cutout expand and shrink like a living organism but its functionality is limited. It only shows simple shortcuts to the system and the music player.
Copyright © HT Media Limited
All rights reserved.