BGMI wants you to play responsibly, shares safe gaming habits
- Battlegrounds Mobile India: Krafton has started a campaign called 'Game Responsibly' to educate gamers about safer gaming habits.
Krafton, which is a South Korean video developer company, and is the creator of PUBG Mobile and Battlegrounds Mobile India has started a campaign called 'Game Responsibly' to educate gamers about safer gaming habits. The company has also urged gamers to look-up every now and then from their game and maintain a healthy game-life balance and spend quality time in the real world. "We know you love hot-dropping into Erangel, acing those headshots or maybe spending hours trying to improve that finish count, but when you play for hours, you hardly find time to look up at the world. We are here to remind you that the real world is equally exciting too. We at Battlegrounds Mobile India, share the same passion for gaming as you. At the same time we urge you to look-up every now and then from your game as well. Enjoy our games in moderation, maintain a healthy game-life balance and spend quality time in the real world," Krafton said.
The ‘Game Responsibility’ campaign will start with a series of films, encouraging users to take a pledge of taking care of themselves and their squad members’ mental health while playing Battlegrounds Mobile India. The campaign is aimed at promoting responsible gaming and building awareness about safer and healthier gaming habits. Krafton has released the first video on its YouTube channel.
In game features for safe gaming:
Krafton has also listed out some in-game features for safe gaming. "As a parent, we know most of the time you are wondering why your child is spending so much time with their phone. What games are they playing? Who are they talking to? When we launched Battlegrounds Mobile India, we truly believed that creating a culture of responsible gaming was our responsibility too. So, here’s what we did about it," it said.
Here are the features present in the game for safe gaming:
1. Virtual World Warning Message: Just before the game starts, gamers are made aware of the virtual world they are entering. The in-game audio reinforces that this game exists in a virtual world and is not their real life.
2. OTP Authentication: Every player below the age of 18 needs to register a parent or a guardian before they start playing Battlegrounds Mobile India for the first time. An OTP is sent to the registered person’s number, post which the child is allowed to play the game.
3. Breaktime Reminders: Some games can get intense and make players lose track of time. But Battlegrounds Mobile India has timely breaktime reminders. These reminders help players look up from their game and get back to real life, maintaining a healthy game life balance.
4. Gameplay Limits: Gamers below the age of 18 can not play Battlegrounds Mobile India for more than 3 hours in a day.
5. Daily Spend Limits: Krafton has also set an in-game daily spend limit of ₹7000 in order to avoid kids overspending money and overgaming.
6. Moderated Game Graphics: Krafton has sensitised the game graphics in order to inculcate a healthy and responsible gaming culture. This includes reduced violence, nudity, bloodshed, and set parameters that keep the language in check.