Google tips and tricks: Make Google Chrome your default browser THIS way
You can make Google Chrome your default browser with these easy and simple tips.
Switching between multiple browsers to begin searching for answers to everything can be a tedious task because of having to save your favorite page or saving login passwords for various websites. Using one browser can make it easy to find all your bookmarks and favorites. Since Google Chrome is the most preferred browser for almost everything, you can set it as your default browser on every device that you use and access the benefits of the Google ecosystem. It allows users to sync with their email, calendar, drive, and more. You can login to Chrome via Gmail and sync all the data available across multiple devices.
You can install Google Chrome on your Windows PC or laptop and set it as your default browser with these easy tricks.
How to make Google Chrome your default browser on Windows 11
1. Open your computer, click on the Windows start button, and open the Settings App.
2. Tap on the App option in the menu on the left and type Chrome into the Set Defaults for Applications answer bar.
3. Now, select Set Default, and it's done.
How to make Google Chrome your default browser on your Android phone or tablet
On some of the devices like Google Pixel 6a, Google Chrome is already set as default browser. However, android smartphones from Samsung phones have their own browser but you can change it to Chrome, here's how.
1. Open your phone's settings and select Apps.
2. Click on Choose default apps at the top of the list and tap on the Browser app.
3. Click Google Chrome to make it the default browser and you're all set.
Make Chrome OS the default browser on an iPhone or iPad
If you are using an iOS device, here's how you can set Google Chrome as your default browser on your iPhone.
1. Open Chrome application on iPhone and tap the three dots available on the bottom right-hand side to open the settings.
2. Select Default browser and then head to Chrome Settings.
3. Click on Default Browser App and then tap Chrome to move the checkmark from Safari to your Chrome browser. And it's done!
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.