Here’s how you can check your Employees Provident Fund balance online
You can now check your provident fund balance online since the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has enabled its online services to let all subscribers check their account balance. There are four very easy ways to do this and you no longer have to leave the comfort of your home to find out exactly how much money you have accumulated in the fund.
As long as you are a registered EPFO subscriber, you can check in on your latest provident fund (PF) contributions and your balance by sending an SMS, a missed call, through a mobile app and by logging into the website. You can also download your EPF statements if you need them.
Here’s what you need to do -
Send an SMS
- If you are an EPFO member you will have an active Universal Account Number (UAN) and you can send an SMS to 7738299899 to find out your balance.
- You can only send the SMS from your registered mobile number.
- You can get the information in 10 languages - English, Hindi, Kannada, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, Telugu, Bengali and Malayalam.
- Here’s the message that you need to send - EPFOHO UAN LAN. LAN is the first three characters of the preferred language. So for example, if you want to receive the information in Bengali, you need to send - EPFOHO UAN BEN.
- The UAN here is your unique UAN.
Give a missed call
- Registered members can also check their balance by giving a missed call to 011-22901406 from their registered mobile number.
- For this, you must have one of the following KYC’s done against the UAN - either your bank account number, your PAN (permanent account number) or your Aadhaar number.
- You will not be charged for this call. The call gets cut automatically after two rings.
- Following this, your EPF details will be sent to you.
Log into the EPFO website
- As a registered member, you can go to the EPFO website and log in using your UAN and password.
- You need to make sure that your UAN is activated. The UAN is provided by the EPFO but it has to be verified and activated by the employer.
- Once you log in, you will be able to see your passbook balance on your screen.
Use the Umang app
- The Umang (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) app is a convenient platform for all Indian citizens to access all Indian e-governance services.
- Download the Umang app and click on the EPFO option.
- Click on ‘Employee Centric Services’ and then select ‘View Passbook’.
- Log in with your UAN to see your balance.