How to apply for ration card online and check ration card status
Here are simple and easy tips on how to apply for ration card online and check ration card status too
A ration card is an official document issued by the state government to provide subsidised food grain through the Public Distribution System (PDS) under the National Food Security Act. It can also be used as ID proof for making a Domicile certificate, Birth certificate, and Voter ID card, among several other things. If you don't have a Ration card and are looking to apply for it, then you must know that now you can apply for a Ration card as well as check status if already applied from the comfort of your home. Yes you heard it right! Now you can apply online, check status as well as add names, and download the e-ration card from the state government's website. Here's a step by step guide on how to apply for Ration card online as well as check ration card status online:
Who all can apply for Ration Card in India?
1. An individual must fulfill these criteria
2. An Indian citizen to apply for a ration card.
3. Should not have a ration card of any other state.
4. Must be above the age of 18 years.
5. Minors / children below 18 years can be included in their parents' ration card.
How many types of Ration cards are available in India?
There are 2 types of ration cards issued by the Indian government- first one for below poverty-line (BPL) ration cards and the other is the non-BPL ration cards.
List of documents required to apply for ration card
1. An Identify proof (Election Id, Driving License, Passport, Government Id Card)
2. A Residence proof (like Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, LPG Receipt, Bank Passbook, Rental Agreement)
3. A family picture
4. Applicant's annual income proof
5. Any canceled/surrendered ration card
How to apply for Ration card online?
1. First login to your respective State/UT Food portals via NFSA nfsa.gov.in
2. Next, tap on apply for service on the left side of the screen.
3. Select the option that reads, “Issuance of new ration card”.
4. Next, fill in all the required details asked in the application form.
5. Attach the scanned copy of documents as proof and submit the application.
6. Once done, you can track the status of your online application on the website.
How to check ration card status online
Go to the E-services section on the State/UT Food portals.
Next, click on check status of your ration card application status.
Select any one of the options to check the ration card either by name and the status.
Enter your credentials and log in.
Once done, the application status of your ration card will appear on the screen.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.