How to install PUBG Mobile, or any game, on your smartphone without using Internet
This hack works with other games too. All you need is a friend who already has the game downloaded and you won’t need to use even an MB of your Internet data.
PUBG Mobile is one of the most popular games around and it has gotten all the more popular thanks to the Covid-19 lockdowns that have kept all of us indoors. And to be fair it's not just PUBG Mobile, other smartphone games too have been enjoying great upticks in downloads and usage.
However, some of these games are quite heavy. For example, PUBG Mobile has a download size of 1.8GB. If you have an unlimited Internet plan at home or on your phone, there's nothing to worry about. But what if you don't?
If you are one of those people dealing with limited data on your home WiFi and on your smartphone? Is it a good idea to spend a huge chunk of it on downloading a game? You won't have enough data left to play with!
Irrespective of what Internet plan you are on, saving data never hurt anyone. So we have figured out a way for you to download and install games on your smartphone, even heavy ones like PUBG Mobile, without using any Internet data.
This hack will get you the game without using any Internet data and is super useful if you have a limited Internet plan or are close to running out of data. All you do need for this is a friend who has the latest version of the game you want on their smartphones.
Please note that this hack only works for Android phones and not on iPhones.
Once you have found a friend who has what you need, here's what you do next -
- Download and install a file transfer agent like Files by Google or Superbeam. Your friend will also need to have the same file sharing app on their phone.
- Transfer the PUBG Mobile, or any other game's, APK file from your friend's device to your phone and install it.
- Once it is installed, open the app and let it try to find online files to make local folders on your smartphone.
- When the app has found thee online files, force close it.
- Next, you use your friend's phone to transfer obb files to your device.
- To find these on your device go to Files, click on Android and then on the obb folder.
- From here you open the folder titled ‘com.tencent.ig' and select ‘main.11460.comtencent.ig.obb' file and send it to your phone. Depending on the version of the game your friend has, this file name will vary.
- After transferring the obb files, you need to transfer the “com.tencent.ig” folder on to your smartphone as well. You need to locate it under Files, then Android and under data.
- Now go to your file manager and replace the obb data and the game folder with the ones you just transferred from your friend's phone.
- Open PUBG Mobile now and set up the game now by granting it the necessary permissions and logging in.
That's it! You are done. Like we have said before, you can try this hack with other games too, like Call of Duty.
So, happy gaming!
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.