How to resize multiple images together in Windows 11: Easy tips and tricks
Do you deal with a lot of images daily on your Windows 10 and Windows 11 PC? Does your college project or office work require you to reduce image size before using them? Do you wish that you could resize them all together, thereby saving time? That too without uploading them to an online file size reducer? If the answer is yes, you are reading the correct story.
Windows 10 and Windows 11 natively allow only one photo at a time to be resized via the Photos app or Paint. However, Microsoft also offers a small utility tool that you can download and install for free. It's called PowerToys and can be used by anyone. It can be downloaded for free from here.
How to resize multiple images together
The step is easy and all you require is to download the PowerToys app for free from Microsoft's website.
- Install the PowerToys app from the downloaded setup. This could take a few minutes.
- Next, open it and agree to the default settings.
- Now head over to the folder where all your photos are stored. Select all of them and right-click.
- Upon right-click, you will see the “Resize Pictures” option in your menu. Click on it. (Windows 11 users on the desktop will first need to click on “show more options.”
- A small window will appear that allows you to choose from the several preset resolutions. Click on the desired one to proceed.
- Once done, a resized copy of your original image will be created in the same folder.
- Note that you can have your own resolution preset embedded here. For that, you will need to open PowerToys app and click on “Image Resizer” from the side menu. You can either add a new resolution preset or edit an existing one. You can also remove some.