Have iPhone X or older models? You won't get these iOS 15 features
- While Apple is updating iPhones as far back as iPhone 6s, the company might not be able to release some of the new iOS 15 features for the iPhone X and older devices.
After a long beta test that lasted several months, Apple has finally rolled out iOS 15. The new iOS 15 features are wide ranging. Apple is opening the doors to web-based FaceTime. Hence, allowing Android and Windows users to be a part of FaceTime calls they are invited to. Safari is getting a redesign with iOS 15. There is so much more happening. While Apple is updating iPhones as far back as iPhone 6s, the company might not be able to release some of the new iOS 15 features for the iPhone X and older devices. You'll need an iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, or newer for these iOS 15 features:
1. Portrait mode in FaceTime, which blurs your background and puts the focus on you.
2. Spatial audio in FaceTime, which makes voices sound like they're coming from the direction in which the people are positioned on the call.
3. Voice Isolation mode in FaceTime, which uses machine learning to block out ambient noises like a leaf blower outside or a dog barking in the next room during calls.
4. Wide Spectrum mode in FaceTime, which amplifies ambient noises during calls.
5. An interactive 3D globe of Earth in the Maps app.
6. Immersive walking directions with step-by-step directions shown in augmented reality in the Maps app.
7. More detailed maps in cities like San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, and London in the Maps app.
8. Live Text for copying and pasting, looking up, or translating text within photos.
9. On-device speech processing of Siri requests.
10. The ability to make Siri requests offline without an internet connection for timers, alarms, phone calls, messaging, sharing, launching apps, controlling audio playback, and opening settings.
11. The ability to swipe up or down while taking a QuickTake video to zoom in or out.
12. The ability to add home, hotel, and car keys to the Wallet app.
13. On-device keyboard dictation that performs all processing completely offline.
14. Continuous keyboard dictation, rather than a limit of 60 seconds per instance.
15. New animated backgrounds in the Weather app that more accurately represent the sun position, clouds, and precipitation.