Gmail tips and tricks: 5 things you must know
Gmail tips and tricks: From starting a video call to selecting a theme for your inbox- here are 5 things you must know.
How often do you use Gmail? The use of Gmail varies, for example- working professionals mostly use Gmail on a daily basis, while students may use it only for sending assignments, among others. No matter if you use Gmail for communicating or not, almost every one has a Gmail account. A Gmail account is even required by you to start-up your new smartphones. The application can be found on almost everyone's smartphones, laptops, tablets etc. If you are not too aware of the features available on this app, then here are some tips and tricks that can be used to get started with Gmail. From picking an inbox theme to make a video call to undo sending a message, you can do this and a lot more on Gmail.
In case you do not have a Gmail account, you can create one. You will have to go to the Google Account creation page, follow the steps on the screen to set up your account and use the account you created to sign in to Gmail. By signing up for Gmail you will also be able to use other Google products like YouTube, Google Play, and Google Drive.
Also Read: Man follows Google Maps, takes wrong turn, constable makes him sweep the road!
Top 5 Gmail Tips and Tricks
1. Start a video call: When you add someone to your Google Chat list, you can start a video call with them from your inbox by hovering over their name and clicking start video call.
2. Choose a theme for your inbox: You can choose an image for your inbox background. To get started, click Settings and then Themes. You can also organize your emails with labels. Labels are like folders, but you can add more than one label to a message. To add a label to an email, select the email, then click Labels Label. The label will be shown next to the email.
3. Check out the categories in your inbox: Your emails are automatically organized into tabs. For example, an email about a sale from a shopping site can be found in the "Promotions" tab.
Also Read: Ahead of iPhone 14 launch, pre-book it NOW! Check whopping price and know how to do it
4. Find your emails: Use the Search box to quickly find your emails. To filter your results, inside the Search box, click Show search options Show search options.
5. Manage emails before you open them: You can quickly manage emails using right-click to do things like move, archive, mute, filter, or open in a new window. However, if you have sent a mail to someone by mistake then you can even undo sending a message. You need to turn on Undo Send to get extra time to look at an email before it gets delivered.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.