Reliance Jio in-flight data and calling plans: How to get started and list of airlines included
Also mentioned is that this feature is not just limited to people travelling abroad. Once this service is available in the Indian airspace, Jio customers will have first access to them when travelling within India.
Reliance Jio has partnered with Panasonic Avionics Corporation subsidiary to launch in-flight services for Jio Post Paid Plus users. This means that if you are a Jio Post Paid Plus user and are travelling abroad, it will be possible for you to stay connected with voice and data services on a flight. Also mentioned is that this feature is not just limited to people travelling abroad. Once this service is available in the Indian airspace, Jio customers will have first access to them when travelling within India.
Right now, there are three Jio in-flight packs:
The ₹499 plan give you 250MB data with 100 minutes of outgoing calls and 100 SMS. The ₹699 plan brings 500MB data along with 100 mins of outgoing call and 100 SMS. The ₹999 plan will include 1GB data, 100 mins of outgoing calls and 100 SMS. All this will be valid for one day.
How to use Jio's in-flight packs?
Jio says that this service can be used once the flight reaches 20,000 feet or higher. Here's the process.
- Switch on the smartphone and turn-off the Airplane Mode.
- Your phone will automatically connect to the AeroMobile network. The network name may differ dependent on the handset.
- If your phone does not connect to the AeroMobile network automatically, you will need to go to ‘Carrier' in your phone settings and manually select AeroMobile.
- Ensure Data Roaming is on to use data services.
- Once connected, you will receive a welcome text and other relevant information.
- You can now use your mobile phone to call, text, email and surf the internet.
List of partner airlines
The airlines that have partnered for this service include Aer Lingus, Air Serbia, Alitalia, Asiana Airlines, Biman Bangladesh Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Egypt Air, Emirates, Etihad Airways, Euro wings, EVA Air, Kuwait Airways, Lufthansa, Malaysia Airlines, Malindo Air, SAS Scandinavian Airlines, Singapore Airlines, SWISS, TAP Air Portugal, Turkish Airlines, Uzbekistan Airways and Virgin Atlantic.