Snapchat brings Harry Potter Lens: How to apply and create Snaps
Snapchat and Harry Potter come together to celebrate 20 years of the latter's movie franchise. In collaboration with the Warner Bros, Snapchat has added a new Harry Potter Lens to let users celebrate the 20th anniversary of the first movie release. The Lens comes just days before the four-part quiz show competition series - Harry Potter: Hogwarts Tournament of Houses releases on November 28.
Harry Potter fans on Snapchat can now find the lens in the lens section and use it to make celebratory Snaps. Snapchat says the fans can speak to the camera using Snapchat's VoiceML technology. They can dress up like Harry Potter characters, decorate their snaps with Hogwarts house colours, and even have an AR face paint. The Lens will let the fans support all four Hogwarts houses: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin.
Snapchat brings Harry Potter content
"Being the first-ever television event from the Harry Potter franchise, Snap & Warner Bros. wanted to create a Lens experience for true Harry Potter-lovers to celebrate the cultural moment in style, and bring some of the fun to Snapchatters watching from home,” said Snap Lens Creator, Hart Woolery.
“I was inspired by imaginative nature of the Harry Potter series, the visual effects created for the films, and the feeling of camaraderie created by the houses within Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry,” he adds.
Snapchat Harry Potter lens: How to apply
- First, you need to open the Snapchat app and head to the Snapchat Camera.
- You can find the Harry Potter Lens within the Snap Lens Carousel, or take a picture of the Harry Potter Snapcode.
- Next, you need to tap the microphone button to enable voice commands.
- Now you need to tap the floating prompt above your head. For example, you can click on “Tap to Change House,” which will ask you to say voice commands such as “Go Go Gryffindor”, or “Go GoHufflepuff”.
- Once you say the name of your house, you can see the Ar stuff dressing you up in that house's festive colours, attire, and face paint.