Telegram vs WhatsApp: Fancy Telegram features that beat WhatsApp hollow
- Telegram has added certain features that WhatsApp can definitely copy. The Telegram features missing on WhatsApp include delete messages from specific dates, manage connected devices etc.
You can find several messaging and chatting applications on Google Play Store and App store. However some of the most widely used messaging applications include Telegram, WhatsApp, etc. These applications have several features which can be used to protect privacy. However, there are some features which are available on one app that the other lacks. We will be talking today about a bunch of handy features that are available on Telegram but which WhatsApp lacks.
Telegram has announced some addition to its features. The application in its blog post has said that it is now offering tools to prevent others from saving content in groups and channels, the ability to delete messages from specific dates, new ways to manage users connected devices, an option to post anonymously in public groups on behalf of your channel and more.
Here are some of the features you can find on Telegram but not on WhatsApp:
1. Restrict message forwarding: Telegram Group and Channel owners who want to keep their content members-only can restrict message forwarding from their chat, which also prevents screenshots and limits the ability to save media from posts. To change users' ability to forward messages open the Group or Channel Info page > Group / Channel Type > Restrict Saving Content.
2. Delete messages by date: Telegram users can delete any messages from a conversation at any time. With this update, you can clear chat history from a specific day or date range in any one-on-one chat. To open the calendar, tap the date bar that pops up as you scroll through the chat – then choose which days to clear.
It can be noted that clearing history by date currently only works in one-on-one chats, but messages in any chat can be set to auto-delete one day, week, or month after sending.
3. Manage connected devices: You can use Telegram on all your devices at the same time, and the Devices menu helps you control where your account is logged in. Telegram has added a new button to quickly link a desktop device and a setting to automatically log out inactive devices after some time. Tap any device in the list to view more information and toggle whether it can accept calls or new Secret Chats.
4. Anonymous posting in public groups: Public Groups and Channel Comments allow for discussions of any topic in massive communities with thousands of members. Telegram has added the ability to appear as a channel when sending messages in these chats. Tap the profile picture next to the message bar and choose one of your channels – the messages you send after that will appear with the name and photo of the channel instead of your personal account. When posting as your channel, you'll also see the channel name at the top of your message bubbles.
5. Text Recognition on iOS 13+ : On devices with iOS 13 and above, Text Recognition (Live Text) is enabled for photos in Telegram chats, allowing you to quickly select, copy and search without touching your keyboard. This image recognition is securely handled entirely on your device. The list of supported languages is managed by Apple, so if yours isn't in the list yet, stay tuned for future OS updates.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.