Twitter previews Ticketed Spaces but not everyone can use it

Only US-based Twitter users can use it.

| Updated on: Aug 21 2022, 17:34 IST
Twitter (REUTERS)
Twitter (REUTERS)

Twitter, earlier this month, detailed its plan of introducing Ticketed Spaces on its platform. At the time, the company had said that a limited group will be able to host Ticketed Spaces in the coming months. Now, word is that the company has started previewing the feature to a small group of users in the US.

The Verge reports that the microblogging platform has started previewing its Ticketed Spaces feature to some users in the US. With this, select users in the country will be able to host paid live audio rooms on their Twitter profiles starting in the next couple of weeks. The hosts will also be able to get monetary rewards.

Twitter is partnering with Stripe to handle payments. Hosts will be able to set ticket prices and sell them. The report says that users will receive 80 percent of revenue after platform fees are deducted by Apple or Google for in-app purchases. This means that if you sell a ticket for $10, Apple would take roughly 30% of the fees, which would give it $3 and leave you with $7. Of this amount, you would get roughly 80% while the remaining 20% will go to Twitter. The report says that Twitter will cover Stripe's transaction fee. However, hosts will have to make a separate account on Stripe to be able to use this feature.

ALSO READ: Twitter Spaces: You can now schedule, and set reminders

So, who can host a paid audio chatshow on Spaces? The screenshots shared by the publication indicate that any Twitter with at least 1,000 followers having hosted at least three Spaces in the past month with a minimum age of 18 years can choose to apply for this feature. A company spokesperson told the publication that while US-based users will be able to host Ticketed Spaces initially, anyone around the globe will be able to access them.

Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Whatsapp channel,Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.

First Published Date: 21 May, 21:53 IST