WhatsApp tips and tricks: How to keep your conversations organised
Unable to keep track of your conversations on WhatsApp? Check these tips and tricks to control your messages on the instant messaging platform.
WhatsApp is one of the must-have apps on every smartphone. There is no denying that WhatsApp is user-friendly but at times one gets flooded with too many messages and it becomes difficult to organise these conversations. Here are a few ways by which users can organise their conversation on WhatsApp.
You can start using the Pin chat feature enables WhatsApp users to pin certain people, whose messages are a priority, to the top of the messaging app.
According to WhatsApp, Pin chat feature allows users to select only three specific chats on top of their app list. These pinned chats always stay at the top letting users easily find them.
How to pin a chat?
• Open your WhatsApp and select the contact that you wish to pin
• Tap and long hold on the contact name
• On top of the screen, users will see a Pin icon
• Tap the Pin icon and the window will be on top of your WhatsApp.
How to unpin a chat
• Open your WhatsApp and tap and hold the pinned chat you wish to unpin
• Tap the Remove pin icon that will appear on top of the screen
• The chat window will no longer be pinned and it will also not show on top of your WhatsApp page
ALSO READ: Here's what to expect from WhatsApp in 2020
Archive WhatsApp messages
WhatsApp has a feature named Archive chat that enables users to hide a conversation from their chat windows and access them later, if and when needed. Users can archive both groups as well as individual chats for organising their conversations. WhatsApp says Archive Chat does not delete the chat or take the backup of the same on the SD card of the users' device.
How to archive a chat
• Open your WhatsApp
• Go to the chat window and select the message of the contact that you want to archive
• Tap and hold the contact and you would see Archive option (a downward arrow) on top right just before the three vertical dots
• Press on it to archive the chat
How to unarchive a chat
• Browse down at the extreme end of your WhatsApp screen
• In the end, users will see Archived and in the bracket the number of chats that have been archived by you is shown
• Tap on Archived and a window will open that will show the list of chats archived
• Tap and hold the chat or chats that you wish to unarchive
• On the top of the WhatsApp screen, tap Unarchive icon (an upward arrow).
WhatsApp conversation shortcuts: There are some contacts or groups on your WhatsApp, which are used by you frequently. WhatsApp provides its users with a feature that can create shortcuts to the most frequent chats on their home-screen.
How to create conversation shortcuts