WhatsApp tips and tricks: How to hide your chat on iPhone and Android- Know steps
WhatsApp tips and tricks: WhatsApp, the messaging application is used by people all over the world to chat and communicate with their friends, families, colleagues, and loved ones. But there are instances when you need to organise your conversations. There are certain chats which you cannot keep but don't want to delete. What can you do in such situations? You can hide or archive your WhatsApp chat if you want to. WhatsApp offers its users an archive chat feature which allows users to hide an individual or group chat from their chats list to better organize conversations.
It can be noted that archiving a chat does not delete the chat or back it up to your SD card or iCloud. Archived individual or group chats will stay archived when you receive a new message from that individual or group chat. Also, you will not receive notifications for archived chats unless you are mentioned or replied to. Check step-by-guide to hide chats on iPhone and Android below.
How to hide WhatsApp chats on Android
1. In order to archive an individual or group chat- in the CHATS tab, tap and hold the chat you want to hide. Then tap Archive at the top of the screen.
2. In order to archive all chats- In the CHATS tab, tap More options > Settings. Then tap Chats > Chat history > Archive all chats.
3. In order to view archived individual or group chats- scroll to the top of the CHATS screen. Then tap Archived. The number next to Archived indicates how many archived individual or group chats have unread messages.
How to hide WhatsApp chats on iPhone
1. In order to archive a chat or group- in the Chats tab, swipe left on the chat or group you want to archive. Then tap Archive. You can archive all chats at once in WhatsApp Settings > Chats > Archive All Chats.
2. In order to view archived chats or groups- scroll to the top of the Chats tab. Tap Archived Chats.
How to unarchive an individual or group chat on Android
1. Scroll to the top of the CHATS screen.
2. Tap Archived.
3. Tap and hold the individual or group chat you want to unarchive.
4. Tap Unarchive at the top of the screen.
How to unarchive an individual or group chat on iPhone
In the Archived Chats screen, swipe left on the chat or group you want to unarchive. Then tap Unarchive.
You can manually unarchive a chat by searching for a contact name or message from that contact:
Then in the Chats tab, tap the Search bar.
Enter the name of the chat or content from the chat you want to unarchive.
Swipe left on the chat you want to unarchive. Then tap Unarchive.