IRCTC: Book tatkal tickets online; here is how
IRCTC lets you book tatkal tickets online by visiting its official website. Here is how you can do it.
Made sudden plans for a trip or need to visit a place in an emergency? You need to book train or flight tickets? If you have to travel, may it be from one state to another or within a state, railway tarvel will probably suit you better. However, buying a plane ticket can cost you a lot more, and therefore people prefer booking IRCTC tatkal train tickets. As the name suggests tatkal tickets can be bought for last minute or immediate plans of travel. It can be known that tatkal bookings are allowed in all classes except First AC and Executive class and can be booked one day in advance. For the AC class, the booking starts at 10:00 hrs while for the Non-AC class, the booking starts at 11:00 hours, as per IRCTC.
According to the information provided by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), "tatkal e-ticket can be booked for selected trains one day in advance excluding the date of journey from the train originating station." Also in case of cancellation of confirmed tatkal tickets no refund will be granted. For contingent cancellation and waitlisted tatkal ticket cancellations, charges will be deducted as per existing Railway rules, IRCTC informed.
Now with almost everything going online, tatkal tickets can too be booked online. So if you have to book tatkal tickets online, here are the steps you need to follow:
How to book tatkal ticket online
1. Visit the official website of Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) or click on the link- https://irctc.co.in.
2. Login by entering your User name and Password. If you are not an existing user you will first have to register yourself first.
3. Provide the destination: From - To station, Date of Journey and Class of travel.
4. Now, select the Tatkal option in the Quota dropdown. Then, the next page displays the list of trains available for the selected route.
5. If you wish to know the route and the timings, click on the train schedule link. To select the train from the train list, click on the type of class available in the selected train. The Quota option is available at right side of the above train list. Also, the fare displayed is for a single adult Passenger. While if you wish to select other train, click on another train.
6. To book Tatkal ticket in the selected train, click on “Book Now” button. It maximum of 4 passengers per PNR can be booked on Tatkal e-tickets. Passenger reservation page appears; check whether the train name, station names, class and journey date displayed at the left side of the page are same as desired by you.
7. Enter the Names of the Passengers, Age, Gender, Berth Preference and Food Choice for each passenger.
8. Enter the verification code. Then enter the passenger mobile number to receive the booking and cancellation free SMS.
9. Now click on Continue button. The ticket details, Total fare (including GST and Convenience Fee) and availability of berths at the particular time will appear on the screen.
10. After checking all details, click on Continue button for Payment process. Click on "Pay and Book" button for redirection to selected Bank website. After successful payment and booking of accommodations, Ticket Confirmation Page will appear. Virtual reservation message (VRM) in the form of SMS will be sent on Mobile Number (as provided in the Passenger reservation form).
11. Booking confirmation mail will be sent on Email ID (registered with IRCTC User ID).
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.