Aadhaar verification at home! Know how you do it online
The Aadhaar verification process can now be conducted online through a very easy process. All you need to have is your Aadhaar number.
If you have been wanting to verify your Aadhaar for a while but dread the thought of spending hours in the queue, there's good news for you. Aadhaar verification can now be done online from the comfort of your home. The process can be carried out by simply visiting the official UIDAI website and logging in with your details.
UIDAI, the organisation that looks after the Aadhaar program, says that cardholders should verify their Aadhaar every once in a while to prevent fraudsters taking advantage of your Aadhaar details. This verification process can be easily done via the Aadhaar website, or by using the mAadhaar app that can be downloaded from the app store.
Aadhaar verification at home: How to do it online
The process is extremely easy. Just ensure that you have a stable internet connection and your Aadhaar number on you at the time of doing the online verification process.
- Open the browser and visit the website https://resident.uidai.gov.in/verify.
- Here, you will have to input your 12-digit Aadhaar number in the provided box.
- Once you put in the Aadhaar number, you can click “Proceed to Verify” after finishing the Captcha code.
- Once done, your Aadhaar will be verified.
- The process can also be done via the mAadhaar app on your smartphone. Do note that this app is only available on the Google Play store for Android smartphones only. There's no iOS and Windows version of the app.
Why to do Aadhaar verification
With so much fraud happening, it is a good practice to verify the Aadhaar number assigned to you. Basically, you can check whether your Aadhaar details are genuine or not. The UIDAI says that residents are using the verification service to verify the identity of their workers too.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.