Upload documents in DigiLocker; CBSE to Aadhaar, here is how to save official certificates, IDs
Here is how to upload documents in DigiLocker; whether it is CBSE result certificates or Aadhaar, PAN card or any other type of IDs, you can keep them all handy
DigiLocker is an important tool for you to keep in your digital arsenal. DigiLocker platform, which is a portmanteau of a Digital Locker, is a cloud service built by the Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY) under the Central government's Digital India Initiative. DigiLocker can be used to store digital versions of all government-issued documents including CBSE result certificates, Aadhaar card, PAN card, Election card etc. The biggest benefit for a user is that this way, you can always carry around all your documents inside your phone and show them whenever necessary. However, many people still do not know how to use DigiLocker or how to upload files in DigiLocker. If you are one of them, read our Apps Guide on how to upload documents in DigiLocker.
DigiLocker provides 1GB of cloud space to every user. It has an upper limit of 10MB on an individual file uploaded to the platform. Over the years, the platform has become very popular among users. According to the official website, DigiLocker has 92.28 million registered users and 4.75 billion documents stored.
How to sign up for DigiLocker
If you already have a DigiLocker account, you can skip to the next section. If not, then continue reading. You can use DigiLocker either through the website by clicking the link here or by using the mobile application available on PlayStore and Apple app store. Once you land to the homepage on either the website or app, follow the following steps.
1. Click on the ‘Sign up' icon located at the top right corner of the page.
2. Once redirected to the account creation page, enter the following information: Full name (as per Aadhaar), date of birth, mobile number and email ID. Also enter a preferred six-digit security pin. Once all of it is done, press ‘Submit'.
3. You will receive an OTP on your phone. Enter the OTP and click Submit.
4. Now, you need to enter a username. Once done, click Submit and your account is ready to use.
5. To sign in at a later time, you need either your mobile number or Aadhaar card number and the six-digit security pin code.
The process to upload files to DigiLocker is majorly the same on both website and app. Just make sure to give DigiLocker the access to your files in the app version to be able to upload files. Follow these steps to easily upload files on DigiLocker.
How to upload documents in DigiLocker