PAN Card Update: Change your Photo on PAN online; know how to
- PAN Card holders can get their photograph changed by applying for it on the official website of NSDL at https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/index.html.
PAN Card is a document issued by the Income Tax Department and is not only used to prove your identification but is also required for every major financial transaction as well as to file income tax returns. PAN card consists of a 10-digit alpha numeric number known as Permanent Account Number. The financial history record of the PAN card holder is maintained through this number. The other places where you require PAN Card details include digital transactions, to open an account in the bank, among others. The central government has also made it mandatory to link PAN and Aadhaar.
As the PAN Card is very important, the details mentioned on it should also be accurate. If there is any spelling error, any other correction including mismatch of signature or photograph, you will have to get it corrected. You can also get your photo changed on your PAN if you feel the existing photograph is not good enough or seems to be old. You can apply for the changes and corrections online. Check the process and other details here:
How to change photo on PAN card online
1. You will have to visit the official website of National Securities Depository Limited i.e. NSDL or you can also click on the link- (https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/index.html) or you can also do so by visiting the portal of UTITSL at (https://www.pan.utiitsl.com/PAN/index.jsp).
2. You will now have to click on Changes or corrections in the existing PAN Data from the Application Type drop-down menu.
3. After this you will have to select the category type. Select the individual option.
4. Give the required details for whatever is asked then submit by entering the captcha code.
5. You will now have to select KYC option.
6. Here you will see the options for 'Photo Mismatch' and 'Signature Mismatch.' Choose any one as per your requirement.
7. Again fill in the required information and click on Next.
8. After this you will have to attach proof of identity, address, and date of birth.
9. Tick the Declaration checkbox and press the Submit button.
10. After completing the above mentioned steps you will need to pay ₹101 (including GST) for changing your photograph and signature for addresses in India and ₹1011 (includes GST) for addresses outside India.
11. After successfully making the payment, you will receive a 15-digit acknowledgement number.
12. You will have to take a printout of the application and send it to the PAN Service Unit of the Income Tax Department.
13. Also, you can use the acknowledgement number to track the application.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.