Zynga takes Slingo out for a social spin
Zynga, the world’s leading provider of social game services, and Slingo, Inc., a leading cross-media gaming company, yesterday announced the global launch of Zynga Slingo a new, social take on one of the most popular casual games of all time.
Zynga, the world's leading provider of social game services, and Slingo, Inc., a leading cross-media gaming company, yesterday announced the global launch of Zynga Slingo a new, social take on one of the most popular casual games of all time. Available to play today on Facebook, Zynga Slingo gives players a serendipitous, yet skillful slots game with a Bingo-style game board. Zynga Slingo marks the company's first licensed partnership.
Zynga Slingo features the core gameplay of classic Slingo that people across the world have come to love, where players spin and match numbers to fill the card and win big. Players will enjoy making Slingos which include five matched numbers in a row, column, or even diagonal. The cast of original characters are here including: The Slingo Joker, Super Joker, Cherub and Devil.
Zynga's infused its own social twists on this contemporary classic, including:
- The Friend Joker: The Joker can be your best friend, literally, Spin up the face of one of your friends on Facebook, and let them make a free match for you. Don't forget to thank them!
- Medals of Honor: Collect medals to complete levels and unlock even more Slingo fun and features as you progress through the Slingo Worlds.
- Leaderboards: Track the scores of your friends in real time to see who has lady luck on their side, and who doesn't.
- Power-Ups: You can also send lady luck packing by using some power-ups. Fan favorites, including Slingo Vision, will help you find matches and the elusive Instant Slingo will explode for big points.
- Play With Friends: Available soon, players can challenge friends and compete to see who can get the highest score in three rounds.
- Darn Devil: You'll find lots of tricks up the Slingo Devil's sleeve when a coin toss comes your way. Land on the Slingo Devil and lose your hard earned points, but if you get the Slingo Cherub, your score will skyrocket.
"With Zynga Slingo, as well our recent games like Zynga Bingo and Hidden Chronicles, we're introducing fun and social twists on familiar favorites," said Rich Sawel, product manager of Zynga Slingo. "Slingo is one of the earliest and most cherished games of the Internet, and we're proud to bring it to our players and make it even more fun and social than ever before."
Created in 1995, Slingo is played by over 55 million people across free online games, retail, mobile, casino slots and other platforms. Additionally, over 50 million Slingo games have been downloaded and almost five billion games of Slingo have been played online.
"Slingo has been a leader in the casual game space for over 15 years, and our partnership with Zynga will bring the Slingo brand to a whole new audience in a fresh, new way," said Rich Roberts, CEO of Slingo, Inc. "We are excited to partner with the world's leading social game developer to deliver the social experience Slingo fans across the world have asked for."
Zynga Slingo is free to play and available today on Facebook at:
The game is available in 14 languages, including: English, Spanish, French, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Turkish, Danish, German, Swedish and Norwegian.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.