UPI payments WITHOUT internet: How to do it in easy steps
UPI payments without internet connection: Here’s how you can make digital payments to anyone without using mobile data.
UPI payments without Internet? Yes, that is possible. The Unified Payments Interface, or UPI, was designed in a way to aid digital transactions for all users. Hence, whether you are using a bleeding edge folding smartphone, or an old relic of a Nokia 3310, you can still make digital payments via UPI. All you need to do is follow the easy steps.
The UPI transaction can be done by using *99#USSD code from the phone's dialler. All you need to ensure is that your phone number is linked to your bank account. Hence, if your smartphone is out of data coverage, or you are relying on a feature phone, you can make UPI payments easily via the phone's dialler.
UPI payments without Internet: How to do it
- Open the dialler app on your smartphone or features phone.
- Dial the following USSD code: *99# , and then tap on call.
- Your phone will show you a pop-up menu with several options listed on it. From here, you can check the balance, get details on your profile, keep an eye on your transactions, and manage your UPI PIN. However, to send money, select the first option of “Send Money”.
- Now, you have to check what kind of info you have about the person you want to send the money. The mobile number is the easiest route, provided they have linked that number to their bank account. You can also choose the UPI ID as well as the bank account details. Select the one appropriate for you.
- One you have entered the detail, the menu will show you the name of the person associated with that number.
- Here, you will need to enter the amount that you want to send. Click on “Send” once you are ready.
- The next step asks you to enter a remark, which you can skip by pressing 1.
- The next step involves putting your UPI PIN. Whether your UPI pin is registered with an app or use the bank's UPI PIN, you will need to enter it here.
- The next menu will show a confirmation for the transaction. Here, you can see the name of the person along with the payment amount and the Reference ID. You can press 1 to save this contact, or you can just exit by pressing 2.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.