Check out the top 5 new Android phone features, they will change your experience forever
Several new Android features have been rolled out including easier sharing, redesigned experiences and more to offer a great user experience.
Similar to Apple iOS, Google Android too keeps on working on updates and rolling out new features in order to provide a better user experience to its customers. "The team behind Android is always working on new features to help you stay productive, communicate with loved ones and enjoy entertainment across devices," Google said in a blog post. The company has recently announced several new Android features including easier sharing, redesigned experiences for apps and watches to new ways to host game nights. If you are an Android user, you can try these top 5 features out.
1. Nearby Share lets you easily and securely share files between nearby Android phones, tablets and Chromebooks, whether they are photos or videos or even entire folders. All you need to do is select Android devices logged into your Google account from the sharing menu to quickly share files between them. And once you have opted in, transfers between devices you own are automatically accepted — even if your screen is off.
2. Google has recently updated its Workspace apps for bigger screens and is continuing to optimize Google apps on tablets to make multi-tasking easy, starting with redesigned widgets for Google Drive and Keep. With an updated Google Drive widget, three home screen buttons now offer one-touch access to your Google Docs, Google Slides and Google Sheets files. And in Google Keep, a bigger widget and font size makes note-taking, to-do lists, and reminders easy to access.
3. It's sometimes easier to express yourself with emoji than with text, so the company is also adding features to help you say exactly what you mean. "Say you want to add the right emphasis to what you're saying without the added effort of selecting emoji one at a time. Gboard now lets you “emojify” your messages. Just type your sentence, hit the Emojify button to select your preferred layout and press send to add the right emoji magic to share with your friends," Google said. This feature is now available in the Gboard Beta app in English, and is coming to all Gboard English typers over the next weeks.
4. Google is adding new shared experiences in Google Meet. With live sharing features, you can instantly co-watch YouTube videos and play games with up to 100 friends and family members at a time. This feature is rolling out to Android phones and tablets.
5. Designed in partnership with the Deaf and hard of hearing community, Sound Notifications within Live Transcribe and Notifications can detect critical household sounds like fire alarms, running water and door knocks and alert you on your phone or watch when they occur, Google informed. This feature gives you a heads up on these sounds through notifications on your phone and watch, vibrations on your devices or flashing a light on your phone, which can be useful for you when you have hearing loss or are using headphones.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.