How to lock Windows 11, Windows 10 PC automatically when you get up
Windows 11 is a cutting-edge OS and if your current PC is eligible, you should download it now. In fact, we reviewed the OS recently and you can check out how it fares on a daily basis. With WFH and hybrid work situations prevailing, locking your PC is important and Windows 11 luckily has a feature to help with that.
Windows 11 comes with a feature called Dynamic Lock, which is also present on Windows 10. This feature allows one to rely on a paired Bluetooth device for locking your PC while you are away. This can be any modern device that can be paired with your Windows 11 PC. Note that the feature can only lock devices, not unlock it.
Most importantly, it may not work effectively within your home or a small office space, as Bluetooth range usually spans 5-10 meters.
How to lock Windows 11 or Windows 10 PCs when away
The process is easy for anyone with a Windows 11 or even a Windows 10 PC to follow.
-On both Windows 11 and Windows 10 PCs, the easiest way to access this feature is by opening the search bar and looking for “Dynamic Lock”.
- Once you click on it, the Settings menu opens the security verification options.
- Under the Dynamic Lock section, click on Bluetooth devices.
- Next step involves pairing your device with the laptop. You can open Bluetooth settings on your phone and initiate a pairing process with the Windows PC.
- Once your phone is paired with your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC, head back to the Dynamic Lock option.
- The next step is to click the box next to the “Allow Windows to automatically lock your device when you're away” option.
And you are done. All you now need to do is to walk away from your PC with your smartphone on you. Once the PC loses connection with the phone, it will automatically lock it. You can also turn off Bluetooth manually for locking it as well. However, you will need to reconnect it the next time you log in order to use the feature again.