Delhi’s odd-even rule spawns another transport app to aid commuters
Instago, an intra-city travel application, helps the user check on all modes of transport in one screen including cab and bike services like Ola, Uber, Meru and EasyCabs along with public transport like metro (DMRC) and buses
As Delhi enters its fifth day of the second lap of the odd-even rule, more transport discovery apps are coming to the fore.
The new member is Instago, an intra-city travel application, that helps the user check on all modes of transport in one screen including cab and bike services like Ola, Uber, Meru and EasyCabs along with public transport like metro (DMRC) and buses.
While the option of booking cabs, bike-taxi services and autos is already live, the option for public transports will be up on the app really soon.
"Instago aggregates information and allows commuters to make effective and efficient use of public as well as other modes of private transport available to them. By plugging information gaps and facilitating smoother planning of day to day travel, we believe Instago can help to effectively tackle the pollution and congestion problems currently facing India," co-founder Anmol Ahlawat said adding that Uber's Travis Kalanick was an inspiration for the app.
Here is how it works:
1. Set your pickup and drop location
2. Click on 'Go' to see the ETA, price, and trip duration of each travel mode
3. Choose a travel mode to see the price and ETA of each travel provider
4. Pick the travel provider you want to travel with by clicking on their brand
5. Instago will take you to the merchant app or let you give them a call
6. Complete your booking and Go.
The app is available on the Google Play Store and will soon be available on the iOS platform.