Have Aadhaar card? Just don't make this mistake
- Among the Aadhaar card mistakes is the one that can really impact you badly. Aadhaar card update can be done keeping rules in mind.
Every Indian resident needs to have an Aadhaar card as it not only acts as an identity proof of the person but is also required for most official work. Aadhaar card comprises the Aadhaar number which is a 12-digit random number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to the residents of India after satisfying the verification process laid down by the Authority. It can be noted that people willing to enrol for Aadhaar have to provide minimal demographic and biometric information during the enrolment process which is totally free of cost. Having said that, there are certain Aadhaar card mistakes that everyone must avoid making.
It can be noted that an individual needs to enrol for Aadhaar only once and after de-duplication, only one Aadhaar shall be generated - the uniqueness is achieved through the process of demographic and biometric de-duplication, according to the UIDAI. Aadhaar card is such an important document that the central government has made it mandatory to link it with PAN card too, which is required to file income tax returns. However while you do that, you need to note that the details on both the documents should be correct and should be the same that is they should match. Any mismatch will get rejected.
However, there are instances where you will notice spelling mistakes in your name, mistakes in your address, date of birth, etc. in your Aadhaar card. Any of these mistakes can lead to problems while linking Aadhar and PAN. However, what is more important is that you can get these mistakes rectified.
Big Aadhaar card mistake to avoid:
According to the official website of UIDAI, a person is allowed to change their name on the Aadhar card only twice. The gender and date of birth of the Aadhaar holder can be changed only once. You also need to note that the date of birth can only be updated if your previous date of birth was unverified with the UIDAI. So, the Aadhaar card mistake to be avoided a all cost is not to provide the wrong details while doing your Aadhaar card update. Once you run out of the number of times changes are allowed, you will be in trouble.
How to update Aadhar card
You can follow the below mentioned simple and easy steps to make the required changes in your Aadhaar card details online:
1. Go to the official website of UIDAI or click on the link- https://uidai.gov.in/.
2. Then you need to click on ‘My Aadhar‘ tab.
3. Select ‘Update Your Aadhar‘ and then click on ‘Update Demographics Data Online‘.
4. As you will click on update demographics a new page will open. You will have to click on ‘Proceed to Aadhar Update‘.
5. You will then have to provide your Aadhar Number and Captcha for verification.
6. As you will provide the required details, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
7. You will have to enter the OTP in the box and click on ‘Login‘.
8. Now, you will have to make all the required changes and upload the relevant documents like Ration card, VoterID card, Driver's License, etc.
9. Next you will be asked to make a payment.
10. As you will pay the required amount, the changes will be made successfully.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.