Samsung Galaxy S8 launch today: Everything we know so far
Korean electronics giant Samsung will launch its new Samsung S8 smartphone today as it looks to earase the negative impact of Galaxy Note 7. Note 7 smartphones started catching fire due to battery issues and finally had to be scraped.
Samsung is expected to launch its redeeming phone, the Galaxy S8, on Wednesday as it looks to come out of the negative limelight that its exploding Note 7 phones got from consumers globally.
However, as is customary with big smartphone launches, there have been rumours and speculations doing the rounds along with leaked images of the phone.
Here is what to expect from Samsung Galaxy S8 launch
This is what we know about the phone for sure:
1)Samsung will reveal the Galaxy S8 March 29 in New York City
2)It will feature Samsung's new AI assistant, Bixby
3)It will use Samsung's revised eight-point battery testing procedure
4)Samsung will leave more space inside for the battery (even though that's not what caused the Note 7 to flame out)
What do the rumours tell us?
1) A much narrower bezel and bigger, dual-curved display
2) Ultra-high-def 4K resolution
3) A revamped home button that's virtual or located on the rear of the phone
4) Facial recognition and/or iris scanning
5) A Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 or Exynos 9 processor (depending on the region)
6) Dual rear cameras
7) Video capture at 1,000 frames per second
8) Headphone jack
9) USB-C port
10) SIM card or microSD slot
11) Color options including black, white, blue, gold, silver and violet.