Most hacked passwords of 2022 revealed! Are you in danger? Check full list
If you are using these dangerous passwords then there are chances that you are in danger and your device will be hacked! Check out these most common passwords of 2022. Don't use them- ever
As we are nearing the end of 2022, a cybersecurity firm NordPass has shared a list of the top 200 most common passwords of 2022, which are extremely dangerous as they can be hacked within a few seconds. More worryingly, many of these passwords can be hacked within a second! The common pattern which can be understood from these most common passwords is that they are easy to remember. In order to avoid the nuisance of multiple and complex passwords, people usually end up using a common password in multiple accounts which can be remembered with ease. Result? High risk of getting hacked!
"We learned that despite growing cybersecurity awareness, old habits die hard. The research shows that people still use weak passwords to protect their accounts. This year, we looked at how culture impacts passwords," NordPass said in a statement. Are you in danger too? Know if you are using any of these vulnerable passwords and change them immediately with a new unique password. Here are the top 10 most common passwords that can be hacked within seconds.
Most hacked passwords of 2022
You can check the full list of the most commonly used passwords of 2022 here.
Some popular passwords
You will be amazed to know that there are some popular passwords that have been used multiple times and you will be shocked to know the numbers. Some of them are:
– Tinder: Well, there's more than one way to get swindled on Tinder! Some people even use “tinder” as a password. In total, this password was used 36384 times.
– The glitziest film industry event of the year – the Oscars ceremony – inspired many to use the password “Oscars,” which was used 62983 times.
– Some are cinephiles! As films and shows like Batman, Euphoria, and Encanto were among the most popular releases in 2021 or 2022, so does the popular passwords. The password “batman” was used 2,562,776 times, “euphoria” 53,993, and “encanto” 10,808 times.
TIPS for healthy password habits
- Passwords that contain a mix of characters, numbers, and symbols are more difficult to guess and are therefore, less likely to be hacked. Hence, it is advised to use a random combination that is only remembered by you to keep your password more secure.
- You should aim for a password that is at least 8-12 characters long as it takes longer to figure out.
- Remember to do multi-factor authentication as hackers must pass two levels of security checks to gain access to your account using two-factor authentication.
- Most importantly, keep changing your passwords every 90 days.
- Do not write down your passwords on paper. Also, do not send them on social media like WhatsApp, Facebook etc either. If you cannot remember, and you have to write them, then do so in an inconspicuous notebook and keep it in a very safe place.
- Also, make sure that you have a different passwords for different accounts.