World EV Day 2022: Want to buy a premium electric car? Check Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i4, and more
This World EV Day, check out the top five electric cars you can consider buying. From Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i4 to Mercedes-Benz EQS 53- check list here.
World EV Day 2022: Are you planning to buy an electric car or any other electric vehicle of your choice? Friday, September 9 is being celebrated as the World EV Day. Electric vehicles have mainly been introduced to cut down emissions and reduce consumption of fossil fuels. In India the central and the state government have come up with several policies to give a boost to the EV market including offering incentives and building strong charging infrastructure. Meanwhile, take a look at some amazing premium electric cars..
1. Porsche Taycan Turbo: With an average ex-showroom price of Rs. 2.12 crore, this electric car is available in automatic transmission and 12 colour options including Jet Black Metallic, Gentian Blue Metallic, Volcano Grey Metallic, Black, Mamba Green Metallic, Mahogany Metallic, and more. The top speed of the car can go up to 260 Kmph and gets a permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor on Both Axles with a max motor performance of 625 bhp 850 Nm. The car also gets a 93.4 kWh, Lithium Ion, 800 Volt, battery placed under floor pan.
2. Mercedes-Benz EQS 53: Mercedes-Benz AMG EQS 53 4MATIC+ was launched on August 24 at a price of ₹2.45 crore (ex-showroom). With an acceleration from 0-100 km/hr in 3.4 seconds and a battery charge level of at least 75 percent the car can achieve a top speed of 250 km/hr.
3. Kia EV 6: Kia EV6 was launched in India on June 2 with a starting price of Rs. 59.95 lakh (ex-showroom). The electric car can travel 528 kilometers and can accelerate from 0-100 km/h in just 5.2 seconds. Also, using a 350KWh charger, the car can charge in around 20 minutes from 10 percent to 80 percent.
4. Jaguar I-Pace: Coming with a starting price of 1.20 crore (ex-showroom), the Jaguar I-Pace is available in three variants S, SE and HSE. The I-Pace utilises two electric motors, one on each axle, with a combined power output of 400PS and 696Nm and can go from 0-100kmph in just 4.8 seconds. The electric motors draw their power from a 90kWh-battery pack, which gives it a 470km range according to the WLTP cycle (Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedure). Also, with a 7.4kWh AC wallbox charger, the I-Pace can be charged from 0 to 100 percent in almost 14 hours. Using the more powerful 50kW DC charger, the I-Pace can be charged up to 100 percent in approximately two hours.
5. BMW i4: The BMW i4 Electric comes with a price tag of ₹69.90 lakh (ex-showroom). It can accelerate from 0 to 100 km/hr in 5.7 seconds with an output of 340 hp. Also, the electric car has a lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 80.7 kilowatt-hours.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.