Motorola on Tuesday officially announced it would launch a new handset on March 25. According to reports, the company will showcase the long-rumoured Moto G100. The handset is said to be a re-branded version of the Motorola Edge S, which launched in China earlier this year.
The announcement comes after the leaked press renders of Moto G100 started doing the rounds on the web. Photos revealed the smartphone has a dual punch-hole module to house two front-facing camera sensors. On the back, the phone has as many as four camera sensors. The rear panel also houses the fingerprint reader embedded in the Motorola logo. Overall, the look and feel of the phone resembles the Edge S.
According to rumours, Mot G100 will sport a 6.67-inch full HD+ display with an LCD panel, a 90Hz refresh rate and a 21:9 aspect ratio. It will have 560 nits of peak brightness and HDR10 certification. The phone is said to run on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 870 processor. It will have up to 8GB of RAM and up to 256GB of built-in storage. The base model will come with 128GB of built-in storage. It will pack a 5,000mAh battery with a 20W fast charger.
In the camera department, Moto G100 will have feature a 64-megapixel primary sensor on the back. The setup will also have 16-megapixel ultra-wide-angle sensor, a 2-megapixel depth sensor, and one ToF sensor. For selfies, the dual punch-hole setup will have a 16-megapixel primary sensor and an 8-megapixel secondary sensor. Other features you can expect from the Moto G100 are Android 11, USB Type-C, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Interestingly, Motorola is also said to be working on a Moto G50 handset. Erstwhile dubbed as Moto G40, the smartphone will have up to 6GB of RAM and 128GB of built-in storage. Rumours suggest the phone will have Qualcomm’s 5G enabled Snapdragon 480 processor. The phone is also said to come with a 90Hz display with an LCD panel and HD+ resolution.
Copyright © HT Media Limited
All rights reserved.