How to block your SBI debit card: Registered mobile number a must; Here's a how-to
- How to block your SBI debit card: The process is very simple and quick. All you need is a functioning smartphone.
A debit card is the key to your money. You better keep it safe. However, chances are that you may lose it or perhaps you have just found out that some financial transaction has happened on it that was not done by you. In that case, you need to take immediate steps to block your debit card. On how to block your SBI debit card, the State Bank of India (SBI) has released a short video on its Twitter handle that explains it all. Not just that, SBI has also revealed the easy process to get a replacement SBI debit card issued.
The most important thing that is required to block an SBI debit card is your mobile phone number. And this number must be linked to your SBI debit card and account. In short, the number has to be registered with SBI and it should be part of your SBI account. You will have to rush to a SBI bank branch, otherwise and that wastes crucial time and energy.
An SBI debit card can be blocked in a simple way - all you have to do is complete the process that has been put in place by the bank. To block an SBI debit card, the bank took to Twitter and posted this message, "Here's how you can block your Debit Card and reissue a new one via our toll-free IVR system. Just call 1800 1234."
How to block SBI debit card: Two options
1. Dial 1800 1234 from your registered mobile number. It is toll-free
2. Press zero for blocking the SBI debit card
3. You will get 2 options:
Press 1 to block your card using the registered mobile number and card number
Press 2 to block the card using your registered mobile number and account number
4. In case you pick Press 1 to block your card using the registered mobile number and card number, Enter the last 5 digits of of the ATM card.
5. Press 1 to confirm
6. Press 2 to re-enter the last 5 digits of ATM card to be blocked
And your are done! You will then get a message from SBI saying that your card has been successfully blocked. A blocking confirmation will be sent your mobile phone.
How to get a replacement SBI debit card under option 'Press 1'
1. You will be asked, "Do you wish to apply for a replacement card"
2. Press 1 to apply for a replacement card
3. Press 7 for previous Menu
4. Press 8 for main menu
5. If you pressed 1, then you need to enter your year of birth
6. The debit card will be sent to your registered address and SBI Card replacement charges will be applied
7. Press 1 to confirm
8. Press 2 to cancel the request
Your card replacement request will be successfully sent and you will get a confirmation via an SMS.
How to block SBI Debit card through (Press 2 option mentioned above)
1. Press 2 to block the card using your registered mobile number and account number
2. Enter last 5 digits of your account number to block your card
3. Press 1 to confirm
4. Press 2 to re-enter the the last 5 digits of your account number
5. Your card has been successfully blocked and a confirmation has been sent via SMS to your mobile number
How to get replacement SBI card
1. Want to apply for a replacement card?
2. Press 1 to confirm
3. Press 7 for previous menu
4. Press 8 for main menu
5. If you press '1' for applying for a replacement card
'6. Enter your year of birth
7. The card will be sent to you. Card replacement charges will be applied
8. Press 1 to confirm
9. Press 2 to cancel the request
10. Your card replacement request has been successfully sent
11. A confirmation has been sent via SMS
And you are done!