iPhone SE 3 leaks ROUNDUP: Everything we know so far, including expected prices
The iPhone SE 3 leaks have gone on to reveal a lot about it as Apple still continues to keep mum over the matter.
The iPhone SE 3 leaks have revealed a lot about Apple's rumoured upcoming entry-level smartphone. Expected to succeed the iPhone SE 2020 model, the new version is expected to be a simple spec upgrade, just like its iPad cousins. A new 5G chipset is all we know this phone is going to get. However, we have stumbled upon some more news lately, including an expected launch date. And, it is not going to be the only launch happening in early 2022.
Hence, if you are interested in buying the new iPhone SE when it comes out later in the year, here's what you can expect from the next affordable smartphone that Apple could be offering.
iPhone SE 3 leaks: What we know so far
- The latest addition to the iPhone SE 3 leaks collection is regarding its launch date. Based on a Bloomberg report from Mark Gurman, it is said that Apple will host a launch event on March 8, 2022. This event will see the iPhone SE 3 unveiled alongside the new iPad Air and a new MacBook Pro model. If there's an ounce of truth in this, the iPhone SE 3 could be less than a month away from us now.
- A previous leak from analyst Ming-Chi Kuo suggests that Apple is likely to retain almost all of the features intact from the current generation iPhone SE. The phone is likely to have the same retro design as the iPhone 8, complete with the Touch ID system present on the Home button. If this is true, it would make it a total of eight years of running of the iPhone 6 design ever since it came out in 2014.
- The iPhone SE 3 is said to have the same 4.7-inch LCD display that the current model has. No fancy OLED or high refresh rate technology here from the iPhone 13 lineup.
- However, what is likely to come from the iPhone 13 lineup is its processor. The iPhone SE 3 could get the Apple A15 chip from the iPhone 13 series, thereby bringing 5G connectivity and more performance.
-It is also said that Apple could be retaining the same single 12MP rear camera, the 7MP front camera, and the same tiny capacity battery. The current iPhone SE with its puny battery does not last all day and with 5G thrown into the mix, it could spell disaster for those who opt for the new iPhone SE.
- A few weeks ago, another leaked report suggested that Apple India had imported a prototype iPhone SE 5G to India, and its documents listed it at $300. That is a lot cheaper than the current generation iPhone SE that continues to sell at Rs. 30,000. However, this may not reflect the final price as Apple could end up asking more to compensate for its development costs.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.