Clubhouse app is no longer just about audio! This new feature is in the room now
Clubhouse has expanded its engagement quotient via a new feature. Now, creators and moderators can connect via chat too.
Clubhouse app was launched back in 2020, and as soon as it hit the app stores, everyone was talking about this audio-chat room app on social media. It was all about a dedicated space for users that allows them to join and start a new room or a group where they can talk about almost everything. From sports, music to politics and more, Clubhouse is all about conversations- light banter to serious discussions. But often, it was found that not everyone used to speak in these room. Many of the users loved to be in the audience and listen to the conversation in their comfort zone. However now, a new Clubhouse update has been rolled out and even this segment of the audience can participate in the room and contribute in a meaningful manner.
Clubhouse app has now introduced an in-room chat which will allow users, from the moderators to the audience, to communicate via text messages during a live room. So now even if you are in the audience, or someone else is speaking, you can react to them, request a song in the live jamming or share your views via text in the room. Reactions can even be in the form of emojis. This will open the floor for the audience to share their feedback in real-time, and creators will know what their audience wants. So with the inclusion of a chat option, Clubhouse is not just about audio rooms, its engagement has been expanded in a great way.
How Clubhouse chat works
- Creators will always have full control over in-room chat, who can decide if chats are enabled while starting a room via the room composer.
- Also, creators can delete any message during the live rooms or after a room ends and turn off in-room chat at any time during the room. Similarly, moderators can do the same.
- Even if you've sent a message and want to delete it, you can delete your own messages during the live room or after a room ends.
- You can report if someone violates the guidelines of Clubhouse in the chatroom.
- Chats will even appear after ending the live room. Though, no one will be able to add any new ones.
- If the creator of the room will allow the chats, then users will be able to see a chat icon at the left-bottom of the screen. Users can text via tapping this icon or swiping right.