PUBG Mobile India and its Indian alternative FAU-G are racing with each other to get their games out in the market first. While PUBG Mobile India is struggling to procure a meeting with the Indian government, FAU-G is a few steps ahead with pre-registrations for the game having gone live on the Google Play Store on November 30.
While PUBG Mobile has a massive fan base in India who are waiting for the game to relaunch here, the fact that FAU-G garnered more than one million pre-registrations in less than three days is indicative of the fact that people are also interested in this game and if PUBG Mobile India takes long to launch, they might just take on FAU-G instead.
While the names of the two games are similar, reports state that PUBG Mobile and FAU-G are, in fact, not similar at all. nCore Games, the developers behind FAU-G have said that rumours about the games being similar are baseless and nCore founder Vishal Gondal has explained how these two might be different.
So, here are 5 ways FAU-G differs from PUBG Mobile:
1. PUBG Mobile is a battle royale and FAU-G is not. Battle Royale refers to a game where squads of players battle it out with each other and the last man/team standing wins. However, FAU-G will feature the recent Galwan Valley clash as one of the scenarios, which means players will be taking on insurgents so it is not a battle royale. Gondal has said though that they might include the battle royale mode in the future.
2. FAU-G will probably not feature any player-vs-players mode and be more of a co-op. PUBG Mobile is essentially a player-vs-player.
3. FAU-G is in all probabilities going to be a co-op game where you take down AI enemies. PUBG Mobile does not involve AI enemies.
4. FAU-G is going to feature melee combat without any guns. So, there will be melee weapons that can be used against enemies. On the other hand, PUBG Mobile also features melee weapons but the main combat involves guns.
5. FAU-G, according to Gondal, is going to be played in the third person perspective. PUBG Mobile has a third person perspective as one of the modes. Alternately, FAU-G is also going to have the first person perspective available as a mode.
These features might work in FAU-G’s favour given that players might be keen on trying out something new.