You might have checked out Snapchat’s Bitmoji avatars. Now, in a similar vein, Meta has introduced 3D Avatars for Facebook, Messenger as well as Instagram. It allows you to create and customize an avatar that resembles you. From hair, skin colour, eyes, outfits, to accessories, you can create your own avatar the way you want. Even if you sync your avatar in the Accounts Center, you can use the same avatar across apps from Facebook and Messenger to Instagram. Here we focus on Instagram, which will not just let you create your own avatar, but also allow you to share it on Stories and DMs as a creative element of your own. So, check out here how to create your own Instagram avatar and share it on Stories and DMs.
To create a new avatar on Instagram, tap on your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
Now tap Edit Profile at the top and choose Settings.
From the Accounts setting, click Create Avatar and then tap Get started.
Here, you can choose your Avatar's skin tone, hair, face, eye, eyebrow, eyewear, nose, mouth, facial hair, body, outfit, headwear and many accessories to personalize your avatar according to you. You can also tap to see yourself on camera while you create your avatar.
Once you are done with customizing the avatar, tap “Done” and choose “Save Changes” to keep the changes made to your avatar.
And it’s done! You have created your own Avatar! You can edit your avatar from your profile at any time by tapping Edit Profile, then tap Edit avatar.
1. To share your Avatar on Instagram stories, you need to open the story creation UI and then tap the sticker icon.
2. From the list of stickers, you need to choose “Avatar” to access your created avatar.
3. This will show up the stickers generated based on your personalized avatar. You can simply place an avatar from the list similar to any other sticker and can share it.
4. Well, if you want to share your Avatar on Instagram DMs, then open the chat box, and click the sticker icon on the right corner.
5. Choose “Avatar” to view emojis based on your avatar and tap to send it.
Copyright © HT Media Limited
All rights reserved.