Everyone uses one or the other social networking app. May it be Instagram, WhatsApp, Facebook, Telegram, Snapchat, among others, you will find your relatives and friends accounts on these apps. Like other apps, Instagram too allows you to interact and send images, GIFs, stickers, audio, files, and more with your followers. It also lets you share stories, and enjoy other interesting features. But not everyone is comfortable sharing their images, videos, among others with all via Instagram stories.
If you are one of them, you can create a Close Friends list and share your story with only the people on that list. It can also be known that with stories, you can share photos and videos that disappear from your profile, feed and messages after 24 hours, unless you add them to your profile as story highlights. It can be noted that people on your Close Friends list will know they are on it, but they can't see who else is on the list. Only you can see your close friends list, and no one can request to be added.
If someone has added you to their list, you will see a green badge when you're viewing their stories and a green ring around their profile photo. So, here are the steps you need to follow to create your close friends list:
1. Tap profile or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
2. Tap in the top right, then tap Close Friends.
3. Scroll down to Suggestions (Android) or Suggested (iPhone).
4. Tap Add next to the people who you want to add to your Close Friends list. You can also tap Search to search for a friend.
5. You can update your list and remove people at any time. It can be noted that people won't be notified when you add or remove them from your list.
Tap at the top or swipe right anywhere in feed, then scroll to Story at the bottom.
Tap at the bottom of the screen to take a photo, or tap and hold to record a video. To choose a photo from your phone's library or gallery, swipe up anywhere on the screen.
When you are ready to share, tap Close Friends in the bottom left.
Copyright © HT Media Limited
All rights reserved.