Making (Unified Payments Interface) UPI payments is easy and all you need is a good internet connection. There are several UPI payment applications that you can use to clear your payments and bills like Paytm, Google Pay, and more. If you are a Google Pay user you must be knowing that you can use the app to make online payments either by scanning the QR code, simply using the phone number, or bank accounts. Google Pay also lets you make utility payments online by just following a few simple steps.
"You can pay your bills including mobile, television, electricity, water, and gas using Google Pay" according to the Google Pay support page. If you are a Google Pay user, here are the steps you need to follow to pay bills. Check the step-by-step guide here.
1. Open Google Pay.
2. At the bottom of the screen, slide up.
3. Tap New.
4. Type in the name of a biller.
5. From the search results, tap the name of the biller and then Make payment.
6. Select an account.
7. You will find one of the following: Pay a custom amount- Tap Make Payment and enter the amount that you’d like to pay. Pay an available bill- On the bill, tap Pay Bill.
8. You may find an option to choose from multiple bill options depending on the biller. These bill options can be for different time periods.
9. Follow the on-screen steps.
10. When done, view the bill to confirm that the payment was successful.
You need to know that it usually takes up to 3 business days for payments to show up in your account. If you have paid your bill outside of Google Pay, long-press the due bill and select the option for “Delete item” to delete it as paid. You can also view your bills on Google Pay. Know how.
Open Google Pay.
From the bottom of the screen, slide up.
Tap a biller. You will see a list with details of paid and pending bills, if any.
Copyright © HT Media Limited
All rights reserved.