How to increase laptop battery life- check out these powerful tips
Laptops are all about mobility and that in itself depends on the battery life. However, excessive usage and improper maintenance can affect laptop battery life of your laptop. The battery is certainly an essential part of your device and it too affects the performance of the laptop. Imagine you are just about to kickstart an important meeting or work, and your laptop dies in the middle of it! Definitely, not a fun thing to happen! But if you are careful, you can increase the battery life of your laptop with some tweaks in the settings as well as by changing some habits to increase its lifespan. In fact, small tricks can help you increase laptop battery life with ease. Also Read: Your Windows 11 is set to change; Know how
Using Windows? Check the Windows Performance Management Tool
- The Windows Performance Management Tool lays out the basic settings that affect your laptop's battery life. You can pick the Best Performance mode if you are want to gain speed and responsiveness. Though, apps will continue to run in the background which consumes power.
- Whereas, Better Performance mode will limit those unnecessary apps and will prioritise power over efficiency.
- There will be a Better Battery mode to deliver a longer battery life than the default settings. And Battery saver mode is an essential tool which can help you run your laptop for longer even with a low battery.
Is MacBook dealing with battery issues? Use Battery Settings THIS way
All the MacBooks have extensive battery and power settings that you can control to optimise the performance of battery life. In macOS Monterey, open the System Preferences app and then, click on Battery. Depending on the model of your MacBook and macOS version, you will find the additional options under the Energy Saver preferences panel. Some MacBooks may have Energy Mode in the battery section which offers three modes:
- Low Power, which reduces energy usage to increase battery life.
- Automatic, to automatically use the best performance level on Mac.
- High Power mode to increase energy usage to improve performance during sustained workloads. Also Read: Best MacBook Shortcuts! MacBook users must learn these important moves
Reduce brightness to enhance battery life
This may sound like a small trick but it actually has a lot of hidden benefits. Using the laptop's screen brightness at max affects the colour reproduction and highlights accuracy. Battery usage between 50-80 percent is perfect for indoor usage.
Turn off apps that are not in use
Always remember to close the apps that are running unnecessarily on your laptop.
Remove the charging adapter when charging is full
This is quite a bad habit of many laptop users to keep the laptop connected with the charging cable even when it is fully charged. The excess power supply can affect your battery life. Hence, it should be taken care to turn off the power supply when the battery is full.