How to download, install iOS 14 beta on your iPhone
iOS 14 public beta for iPhones is now available, and here's how you can get it.
Apple has rolled out the first public beta of iOS 14 for iPhones. The beta version of iOS 14 can be installed on all compatible iPhones. Apple will roll out the stable version of iOS 14 later this fall.
First showcased at WWDC, iOS 14 comes with major visual changes. iPhone users will finally get to customise the home screen on iOS 14. Widgets are movable now, and there's an App Library which aims to remove clutter from the iPhone's home screen. iOS 14 also comes with privacy features and changes in some iPhone apps.
iOS 14 public beta lets users experience new features before the stable version is out. It's compatible with these iPhones - iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE (1st gen), iPhone SE (2nd gen) and iPod touch (7th generation).
ALSO READ: How to go back to iOS 13 from iOS 14 beta
If you have any of the above listed devices you can install the iOS 14 public beta, and here's how you can do it. Before that, make sure that all your important data is backed up.
1. Go to Apple's Beta Software Program website.
2. Select the sign up button and enter your Apple ID.
3. Select iOS from the list of available beta programs.
4. Tap on Download Profile and follow the prompts.
5. Once that's done you'll have to restart your iPhone.
6. After your iPhone's restarted, go to Settings > General > Software Update.
7. Install the beta update once it's downloaded.
Your iPhone will be updated to iOS 14 beta once the software update is installed. Since this is a beta version of iOS 14, there will be bugs and some apps or features may not work. Apple will release updates for iOS 14 beta as well, so make sure you install those too.