Bank Holidays in December 2021: Check list here; online banking open 24/7
- Bank Holidays in December 2021: Banks will remain closed for 7 days. However, there is no need to worry as online banking will work on bank holidays too.
Bank Holidays in December 2021: The year 2021 is heading towards its end as we are on the cusp of entering the month of December. As the month is set to start, it is important for all the bank customers to know when the banks will remain closed in December in order to plan their banking activities. According to the bank holiday list issued by the Reserve Bank of India, banking activities will remain affected for 7 days in December, excluding the weekends (second and fourth Saturdays and Sundays). However, it can be noted that though the banks will remain closed, online banking services will continue to operate on holidays as well.
Bank customers will not be able to withdraw and deposit money at the bank branches due to the holidays but they can use online banking services, ATMs, mobile banking, etc. Bank account holders should also know that on certain specific days, banks will close in just a few cities and not nation-wide. If you have any bank-related work to do or have to withdraw cash during the forthcoming week or have to visit your nearest branch, then you can check the list of bank holidays below:
1. December 3, 2021: The banks will remain closed in Panaji on the occasion of the Feast of St. Francis Xavier.
2. December 18, 2021: Banks will remain closed in Shillong due to the death anniversary of U SoSo Tham.
3. December 24, 2021: Banks will remain closed in Aizawl and Shillong on the occasion of Christmas Festival (Christmas Eve).
4. December 25, 2021: Banks will remain closed nationwide except for Bengaluru and Bhubaneswar on the occasion of Christmas.
5. December 27, 2021: Banks will remain closed in Aizawl on the occasion of Christmas Celebration.
6. December 30, 2021: Banks will remain closed in Shillong on the occasion of U Kiang Nangbah.
7. December 31, 2021: Banks will remain closed in Aizawl on the occasion of New Year's Eve.
Apart from the above-mentioned holidays, the banks will also remain closed on December 11, 2021 due to the second Saturday. The banks will also remain shut on December 5, 12, 19 and 26 because of Sundays.
It can be noted that the bank holidays list is issued by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and it grants holidays to the banks under three categories. The three categories include Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act, Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act and Real Time Gross Settlement Holiday and Banks' Closing of Accounts.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.