Bank Holidays in February 2022: Banks to stay shut for 6 days; online banking open 24/7
Bank Holidays in February 2022: Banks will remain closed for 6 days, but online banking will work on bank holidays too.
Bank Holidays in February 2022: As the month of February is almost here and bank customers need to plan to get their banking work done on time, it is important for them to know when the banks will remain closed. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) releases a list of bank holidays every year. According to the bank holiday list that spans various states, banking activities will remain affected for 6 days in January, excluding the weekends (second and fourth Saturdays and Sundays). Do remember that some holidays are national, India-wide, in character and others are regional.
However, it can be noted that though the banks will remain closed, online banking services will continue to operate on holidays as well. Bank customers will not be able to withdraw and deposit money at the bank branches due to the holidays but they can use online banking services, ATMs, mobile banking, etc. It can also be known that on certain specific days, banks will close in just a few cities.
If you have any pending or upcoming bank-related work to do or have to withdraw cash during the forthcoming week or have to visit your nearest branch, then you can check the list of bank holidays in February 2022 below:
1. February 2, 2022: The banks will remain closed on the eve of Sonam Lochhar in Gangtok.
2. February 5, 2022: The banks will remain closed due to Saraswati Puja (Shree Panchami)/Basanta Panchami in Agartala, Bhubaneswar and Kolkata.
3. February 15, 2022: The banks will remain closed on the occasion of the Birthday of Md. Hazrat Ali/Lui-Ngai-Ni in Imphal, Kanpur and Lucknow.
4. February 16, 2022: The banks will remain closed on the occasion of Guru Ravi Das Ji Birthday in Chandigarh.
5. January 18, 2022: The banks will remain closed on the occasion of Doljatra in Kolkata.
6. February 19, 2022: The banks will remain closed on the eve of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Jayanti in Belapur, Mumbai and Nagpur.
The banks will also remain closed on February 12, 2022 and February 26, 2022 due to second and fourth Saturdays and on February 6, 13, 20, and 27 because of Sundays, apart from the above-mentioned holidays.
Also, banks will remain closed on January 26, 2022 due to the occasion of Republic Day in all cities except Agartala, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Guwahati, Imphal, Jaipur, Kochi and Srinagar.
The RBI grants holidays to the banks under three categories. The three categories include Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act, Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act and Real Time Gross Settlement Holiday and Banks' Closing of Accounts.