Bank Holidays in February 2022: Know when banks will stay shut; online banking open
Bank Holidays in February 2022: Banks will remain closed for 6 days in the month, but online banking will ensure there is no break in most services.
Bank Holidays in February 2022: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) releases a list of bank holidays every year. According to the Bank Holidays in February list, banking activities will remain affected for 5 days in January, excluding the weekends (second and fourth Saturdays and Sundays). It is important for the bank customers to know when the banking operations will be halted in order to plan and get their banking work done on time. According to the bank holiday list, you need to remember that some holidays are national, India-wide, in character and others are regional.
However, it can be noted that though the banks will remain closed, online banking services will continue to operate on holidays as well. Because of the holidays, bank customers will not be able to withdraw and deposit money at the bank branches but they can use online banking services, ATMs, mobile banking, etc. It can also be known that on certain specific days, banks will close in just a few cities.
If you have any pending or upcoming bank-related work to do or have to withdraw cash during the forthcoming week or have to visit your nearest branch, then you can check the list of bank holidays in February 2022 below:
1. February 5, 2022: The banks will remain closed due to Saraswati Puja (Shree Panchami)/Basanta Panchami in Agartala, Bhubaneswar and Kolkata.
2. February 15, 2022: The banks will remain closed on the occasion of the Birthday of Md. Hazrat Ali/Lui-Ngai-Ni in Imphal, Kanpur and Lucknow.
3. February 16, 2022: The banks will remain closed on the occasion of Guru Ravi Das Ji Birthday in Chandigarh.
4. January 18, 2022: The banks will remain closed on the occasion of Doljatra in Kolkata.
5. February 19, 2022: The banks will remain closed on the eve of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Jayanti in Belapur, Mumbai and Nagpur.
The banks will also remain closed on February 12, 2022 and February 26, 2022 due to second and fourth Saturdays and on February 6, 13, 20, and 27 because of Sundays, apart from the above-mentioned holidays.
The RBI grants holidays to the banks under three categories. The three categories include Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act, Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act and Real Time Gross Settlement Holiday and Banks' Closing of Accounts.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.