iOS 16 is OUT now: Download it on your iPhone, here is how
iOS 16 is now released on all supported iPhones now. If you want to download it, here is how to do it.
iOS 16 is now OUT! Apple's latest software update for iPhones has been released and Indian users have been getting the update notification in the late hours of September 12. However, most users will be seeing the update notification pop-up this morning. iOS 16 brings a lot of changes with regards to customisation and other smart features. Sadly, it is leaving a couple of older iPhone models behind this year, forcing people to upgrade to newer iPhone 14 models that were announced last week.
Nonetheless, if you want to get your hands on iOS 16 stable version at the moment, you simply need to follow a few simple steps. Note that those who have booked the iPhone 14 series devices won't need to worry since these phones will come with iOS 16 preinstalled.
iOS 16 stable: How to download
- Go the Settings app on your iPhone and Tap on General.
- Next, tap on Software Update and wait for the page to refresh.
- You will see the notification for downloading iOS 16, wherein you can see all the features listed.
- Tap on “Download and Install” and enter your Passcode.
- Once the download completes, tap on “Install Now”.
- Your iPhone will restart and install the update.
- Once the process is complete, your iPhone will boot into iOS 16.
iOS 16: Which iPhone will be compatible with the update?
You can download iOS 16 on the following iPhone models:
- iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone SE 2020
- iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Mini, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone SE 2022
iOS 16: Which iPhones will NOT get it?
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE 2016
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.