Home / Tech / News / Apple says 15% iCloud users don't have extra layer of security enabled for their data
tech

Apple says 15% iCloud users don't have extra layer of security enabled for their data

It's worth noting that going forward, the role of iCloud will be more important than ever for Apple, considering that many iPhone users might move their data from Google Photos to iCloud.

Apple iPad.
Apple iPad. (Unsplash)

Apple, the company usually known for its security and privacy, recently revealed some important achievements of 2020. According to the firm, 85% of its iCloud users have two factor authentication enabled. And the rest 15% don't have it enabled. The service keeps their photos, videos, files memos and other data safe. Two factor authentication for those who don't know, acts as an extra layer of protection that keeps your data safe.

It's worth noting that going forward, the role of iCloud will be more important than ever for Apple, considering that many iPhone users might move their data from Google Photos to iCloud.

Also read: iPhone 12 shipments likely to exceed Galaxy S21 series, analysts predict

More From This Section

That is because Google has recently announced that the images and videos, which you will be uploading on its Photos app starting June this year, will be counted against the 15GB quota that you get while signing up for a new Google account. Until now, the Google Photos storage was free for ‘high quality’ photos and videos.

Apple is also giving some lucrative deals for its iCloud as a part of its Apple One subscription bundle. In case you don't know, Apple One combines the iPhone makers subscription service, including Apple Music, Apple TV+, iCloud and Apple Arcade all under one umbrella. 

The individual plan is priced at 195 per month where you get 50GB of iCloud storage, along with Apple Music, Apple TV+ and Apple Arcade access. There is also a Family plan that is priced at 365 per month, wherein you get all these services in addition to 200GB of iCloud data instead of 5GB. 

Lastly, there is a Premier plan that includes all these services along with 2TB of iCloud storage.

Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews, also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.