Google Maps now allows to create, share lists of favourite places with friends, family
Google has launched a new feature on its Maps platform that allows users to create and share lists of their favourite places with friends and family.
Google on Monday said that it was making a new feature available to all its users of Google Maps' app that will help them to create lists of their favourite places and share it with friends and family.
Called Lists, the new feature will allow users to mark out places thry love on their Google Maps account and then recommend the list with friends.
"You can now create lists of places, share your lists with others, and follow the lists of your friends and family when shared with you - without ever leaving Google Maps on Android or iOS," Google said in a statement.
Users can also list the places they wish to visit which could include a list of weekend getaways, or a list of best street food joints, or best fashion boutiques in a particular area amongst others.
"When someone shares a list with you, you can follow it so that the recommendations are only a tap away in your Google Maps app. Moreover, you can view and edit your lists offline and if you have offline maps downloaded, places added to the lists will appear on your offline map," Google said.
Watch how to create a list here
How do you create a list?
There are two ways to create a list:
1) Open the side menu, go to Your places, open Saved, and then click on the plus sign in the blue circle at the bottom right corner of the screen
2) Open the place you want to add to a new list, tap on "Save", and then select "create a new list"
How do you share a list?
1)Open your list and click on the share button in the top right hand corner
2) On both Android and iOS, you can share a link to your list via any app on your phone: Hangouts, SMS, Whatsapp, or even on Facebook or Twitter
3) Once you send a link to your out-of-towners, they can tap "Follow" to pull up the list from Your Places whenever they need it.
How do you edit a list?
1) Go to Your places and then tap the Saved Tab. Tap on the three dot menu to the right of the list and then click, "edit list". You can also add and remove places from lists directly from a location's place sheet by tapping the "Saved" icon
2) With the millions of landmarks, businesses, and other points of interest in Google Maps, there's no shortage of places to add to your lists. Now that we've got the world mapped, it's your turn to map your world with Lists — from local hotspots to bucket list destinations worlds away.