Major new Microsoft Windows 11 features announced; check them out here
Microsoft Windows 11 new features have been released. The company stated that these features will add to work productivity and better security to enable the hybrid work culture more efficiently.
New Microsoft Windows 11 features: On Wednesday, Microsoft announced a range of updates on both Windows 11 and Windows 365 in the areas of security, productivity and workspace collaboration. Microsoft has been focusing on the hybrid work space a lot this year and has been releasing new features to its products to make work synchronization easier. This announcement also brings one of the highly requested features of tabs in File Explorer. Apart from that, the new features also include a heavy emphasis on security. There were rumors of these features being in testing, but now the company has officially announced them. Check out everything new that's coming your way with this Windows 11 new features announcement.
Microsoft Windows 11 new features: Security
When it comes to security, the company has taken stringent measures to ensure the digital safety of its users with two new Windows 11 features. The company has stated that these features will “help organizations meet the new security challenges of the hybrid workplace”. These features are part of Microsoft's ‘zero trust' model which revolves around strong user identity, device health verification, validation of app health, and least-privilege access to resources and services. Check out the two features below.
1. Microsoft Defender SmartScreen - This new feature will provide protection to users from phishing attacks. It will identify and alert users whenever they enter their Microsoft credentials into a malicious application or hacked website. This enhanced phishing detection mechanism will ensure that users can protect themselves from a wider range of threats.
2. Smart App Control - This feature will use code signing with the help of Microsoft AI models and ensure that only the trusted applications can run. The company claims that this feature will block “one of the largest attack vectors on Windows by-default”.
Microsoft Windows 11 new features: Accessibility
1. Focus Sessions - This feature is getting an improvement. It focuses on building healthy digital habits and empowering workers with ADHD. There's a new do not disturb feature, and a new integrated focus timer. They will allow users to set the time for how long they want to turn it on for.
2. System-wide Live Captions - Windows 11 will now support system-wide live captions. Now, regardless of the source of the audio, an application, website or others, Windows 11 will be able to generate captions for it.
3. Voice Access - Users will also be able to dictate content instead of typing it out regardless of the application or website they are on. This is designed for people with limited mobility and repeated stress injuries.
4. File Explorer - Finally, the most awaited feature of them all, File Explorer is getting a redesign. Among the biggest changes is the tabbed interface. Users will also see contextual suggestions when searching for files.
Microsoft Windows 11 new features: Endpoint Management for IT
1. Windows Autopatch - This new service can help reduce the load on IT by automating updates for Windows, Microsoft Edge, and Office. The automated updates will also ensure that the users are always up-to-date with the latest security patches and features.
2. Application management for Microsoft Edge - This feature is specifically designed with the hybrid work setup in mind. When employees need to use personal devices to check in on work or perform tasks, this feature will allow IT to ensure that end users can access corporate resources in a secure way.