Waiting for Ration Card? Home delivery via online method available; Know how to
You can apply for your Ration card online at the Department of Food, Supplies and Consumer Affairs website. Here’s how.
Ration card is the one of the most crucial documents a person can have. It serves as proof of residency as well as citizenship. In addition, the Ration Card functions as a meal voucher. Ration Card holders receive discounts on a variety of products, including wheat, rice, sugar, and kerosene, among other things. But the procedure to get the ration card can be complex and time consuming.
Don't worry! Digital world can solve all your problems. You can easily get your ration card under the One Nation One Ration Card Scheme which is valid till June 30, 2030. Ration card is not only an important document for meal purpose but also works as an identity card for Indians. You can complete the procedure to fill out the form of ration card online in simple steps.
Who is eligible to apply for a Ration Card?
Anyone who resides in India who has not yet applied for or received a national identity card can apply for it. Alternatively, a couple who married in a specific state can apply for a ration card in that same state. If you are eligible, and haven't got your ration card then apply for it online. Here's the step-by-step guide for you to apply for the Ration card online and get it delivered at your home.
How to apply for the Ration Card online?
- You can apply for the Ration Card online via visiting the Department of Food, Supplies and Consumer Affairs website
- Then login to the portal to Apply for Ration Card
- Now, go to the NFSA 2013 application form to apply for food security.
- Fill the requested information. Also, the portal will ask you to upload several documents such as identity card (Voter ID, PAN card, passport), residential address proof (Aadhaar card, LPG connection, electricity bill, telephone bill, house agreement), income guarantee, caste certificate if it is selected, passport size photograph, and a self-addressed postcard.
- Then it will ask you to pay a fee for the ration card and tap on the submit button.
Here, your work is completed. Following this, the officials will verify your details. Once the verification will be completed you will get your Ration card delivered at your home.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.