Even after Google's efforts to stop dangerous malware from getting into Google Play Store apps, many of them still manage to get through. And here is a warning about these dangerous apps found on Google Play Store. Once again, a security team at McAfee has found a number of dangerous adware apps on Google Play Store that could fill devices with highly intrusive advertisements. Once installed, these apps start sending annoying ads on devices and block other apps’ windows, show unwanted notifications, create shortcuts, and even load websites. There are as many as 16 malicious apps pretending to be useful software, from QR code scanners, to travel tools, and much more. You need to delete them from your phone.
According to a recent McAfee blog post, these apps are as dangerous as other forms of malware, they can be a resource hog, resulting in slowing down your phone’s hardware performance and draining battery life.
1. BusanBus (com.kmshack.BusanBus)
2. Currency Converter (com.smartwho.SmartCurrencyConverter)
3. EzDica (com.joysoft.ezdica)
4. EzNotes (com.meek.tingboard)
5. Flashlight+ (com.candlencom.candleprotest)
6. Flashlight+ (com.dev.imagevault)
7. Flashlight+ (kr.caramel.flash_plus)
8. High-Speed Camera (com.hantor.CozyCamera)
9. Instagram Profile Downloader (com.schedulezero.instapp)
10. Joycode (com.joysoft.barcode)
11. K-Dictionary (com.joysoft.wordBook)
12. Quick Note (com.movinapp.quicknote)
13. Smart Task Manager (com.james.SmartTaskManager)
The app lets you idly click on advertisements without letting you know to generate revenue at the expense of your phone’s performance and battery life. Google has removed these apps from the Play Store, but they are still active on some phones. Also, don’t side-load or install using a third-party app store. The best thing to keep adware off your device is downloading apps from trusted publishers and official app stores. Further, check the background, developers and more of any software before downloading, and pay attention to the permissions an app asks for.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Copyright © HT Media Limited
All rights reserved.