MacBook Pro with in-house M1 Pro and M1 Max chips launched: Highlights
- Apple today launched the MacBook Pro notebook, which is powered by the all-new M1 Pro and M1 Max — the first pro chips designed for the Mac. The new 14-inch MacBook Pro model's price starts at $1,999.
- The new MacBook Pro has received a makeover and is now powered by the all-new M1 Pro and M1 Max in-house chips.
Apple today launched the MacBook Pro notebook, which is powered by the all-new M1 Pro and M1 Max — the first pro chips designed for the Mac. It is available in 14- and 16-inch models. The new MacBook Pro models with M1 Pro and M1 Max are will be available starting Tuesday, October 26. The new 14-inch MacBook Pro model's price starts at $1,999 (US), and $1,849 (US) for education; the 16-inch MacBook Pro model's price starts at $2,499 (US), and $2,299 (US) for education.
The new MacBook Pro features a Liquid Retina XDR display, a wide range of ports for advanced connectivity, a 1080p FaceTime HD camera, and an audio system. The MacBook Pro is designed for developers, photographers, filmmakers, 3D artists, scientists, music producers. The new 14- and 16-inch MacBook Pro models can be oredered starting today, but they will be available from October 26.
“The all-new MacBook Pro with M1 Pro and M1 Max is a game-changing combination of phenomenal performance, unrivaled battery life, and groundbreaking features,” said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing.
* With a wide array of ports, the all-new MacBook Pro features advanced connectivity.
* MagSafe returns to MacBook Pro with MagSafe 3, featuring an updated design that can deliver more power to the system.
* The all-new aluminum enclosure of MacBook Pro optimizes internal space for supercharged performance and added features.
* M1 Pro and M1 Max mark a huge step forward in the transition to Apple silicon on Mac. MacBook Pro with M1 Pro and M1 Max applies a system-on-a-chip (SoC) architecture to pro systems for the first time, featuring fast unified memory and increased memory bandwidth.
* M1 Pro takes the groundbreaking architecture of M1 to a whole new level. Featuring a powerful up-to-10-core CPU with eight high-performance cores and two high-efficiency cores, along with an up-to-16-core GPU, M1 Pro delivers up to 70 percent faster CPU performance than M1, and up to 2x faster GPU performance.
* 3D artists on the new MacBook Pro can now easily work with extreme geometry and textures in scenes that pro PC laptops can’t even run.1 M1 Max also offers an enhanced media engine that features two ProRes accelerators for even higher multi-stream performance. As a result, pros can edit up to 30 streams of 4K ProRes video or up to seven streams of 8K ProRes video in Final Cut Pro — more streams than on a 28-core Mac Pro with Afterburner.
* And for the first time on any Mac, video editors can grade color in HDR on 8K ProRes 4444 video on battery when they’re miles away from the edit bay.2
* M1 Max features a 10-core CPU, and doubles the GPU with up to a massive 32 cores, 400GB/s of memory bandwidth, up to 64GB of fast unified memory, along with two ProRes accelerators in the media engine.
* Featuring the 16-core GPU in M1 Pro and the 32-core GPU in M1 Max, the 14-inch MacBook Pro transforms graphics-intensive workflows.
* From pro workflows on the go to everyday tasks, MacBook Pro delivers an extraordinary battery life, claims Apple. The 14-inch model delivers up to 17 hours of video playback, which is seven additional hours, while the 16-inch model gets up to a remarkable 21 hours of video playback, which is 10 additional hours — the longest battery life ever on a Mac notebook.
* Unlike other pro notebooks that lose performance when they are not plugged in, MacBook Pro delivers the same level of performance whether it is plugged in or using the battery.
* The 14- and 16-inch models of MacBook Pro were designed with a focus on performance and utility. Its all-new aluminum enclosure optimizes internal space for more performance and features.
* The new MacBook Pro also comes with a Magic Keyboard that is set in a double-anodized black well, which elegantly highlights the backlit glyphs on the keys, and features a full-height function row. Physical function keys — including a wider escape key — replace the Touch Bar, bringing back the familiar, tactile feel of mechanical keys that pro users love. The new keyboard is complemented by the industry-best Force Touch trackpad that is perfect for pro applications.
* For the first time, MacBook Pro offers a stunning Liquid Retina XDR display. Featuring the mini-LED technology used in iPad Pro, the Liquid Retina XDR display delivers up to 1,000 nits of sustained, full-screen brightness
*Both models come with a larger display than the previous generation — the 16-inch model offers an expansive 16.2-inch display with 7.7 million pixels, the most ever on a Mac notebook. And the 14-inch model gives users more screen real estate than before, with a 14.2-inch active area and a total of 5.9 million pixels — more pixels than the prior 16-inch MacBook Pro.
*The new MacBook Pro features the most advanced and versatile connectivity ever on a Mac notebook. Both models feature three Thunderbolt 4 ports to connect high-speed peripherals, an SDXC card slot for fast access to media, an HDMI port for conveniently connecting to displays and TVs, and an improved headphone jack that supports high-impedance headphones.
*MagSafe returns to MacBook Pro with MagSafe 3, featuring an updated design and supporting more power into the system than ever before. MagSafe 3 makes connecting a charge cable quick and easy while protecting MacBook Pro. Additionally, fast charge comes to the Mac for the first time, charging up to 50 percent in just 30 minutes. With M1 Pro, users can now connect up to two Pro Display XDRs, and with M1 Max, users can connect up to three Pro Display XDRs and a 4K TV, all at the same time. For wireless connectivity, MacBook Pro also features Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.0.
* With the most advanced connectivity ever on a Mac notebook, MacBook Pro allows users to connect up to three Pro Display XDRs and a 4K TV, all at the same time.
* The new MacBook Pro comes with a 1080p FaceTime HD camera — the best ever in a Mac notebook — doubling resolution and low-light performance.
*Featuring a 1080p FaceTime HD camera, MacBook Pro uses the ISP and Neural Engine in M1 Pro and M1 Max for computational video that enhances video quality.
*The new 14- and 16-inch MacBook Pro come with macOS Monterey, the latest version. The combination of macOS Monterey and the powerful new M1 Pro and M1 Max delivers breakthrough performance and productivity for users.