Finally! You can use same WhatsApp account on 2 phones now
There must have been several times when you had wished to have your same WhatsApp account on two different smartphones. Finally! WhatsApp heard your wish and rolled out this feature which will let you link your account on two Android phones simultaneously. Android Authority reported that WhatsApp just started rolling out a new WhatsApp Beta version 184.108.40.206 for Android as well as Android tablets. This brings a new feature that will allow you to scan the QR code on the tablet version of the app when you start setting it up. However, to open the same WhatsApp account, you will need to follow the same process on your Android smartphone. Here is what you need to do to use the same WhatsApp account on two phones.
WhatsApp on two Android smartphones
- First, you need to ensure your primary phone has WhatsApp v220.127.116.11 beta installed and then sign in.
- After that, start by enabling Developer Options in Android's main settings on the second Android phone. You will need to go to the Settings, and there you will find the About Phone option.
- Then tap multiple times on Build number till you see a pop up option which reads You are now a developer.
- You will need to continue to stay on the second phone. Open the Settings app and then System. Here, open the Developer options and then Smallest width.
- Here, note down the current number and then change it to 600. This will help you to change the phone's interface into a tablet.
- Just like the first phone, install WhatsApp version 18.104.22.168 on the second phone. Continue with the initial settings of WhatsApp and then you will see a QR code.
- Link it with your phone. Now go to your first phone and open WhatsApp and tap the overflow. On the top right corner, open Linked devices. It will open the QR code and then you will need to scan it via your second phone.
- And it is done! You will be able to receive messages, calls, and everything on both Android smartphones.